The Belarus Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q1-2017 vs Q1-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- With a population of approximately nine and a half million people, the gross average salary in March 2017 was 770.6 BYR per capita. A slight increase in gross average earnings in 2016 (by 0.9%) but it still fell short of the targeted figure. Quarterly average salary was 737.6 in Q1-17
- Despite the increased, yet reserved, market optimism and attempts to spur economic activity in Q1-17, recovery was slight with a 0.2% growth in wholesale trade, however it was above the forecast for Q1-17
- GDP in Q1-17 was 22.4 bn. BYR grew by 0.3% in Q1-16, an increase of 4% compared to Q1-15
- Exports of services and goods were also above the forecast in January and February 2017
- External debt decreased by 65.2 m USD (0.5%). External financial endowments of 169 m USD was received: the government and Banks of Russia contributed approximately 111.3 m USD, banks of China 28.1 m USD, EBRD 2.3 m USD and IBRD 27.3 m USD. Payments to external debts in Q1-17 reached 308.5 m USD
- Internal state debts in Q1-17 totaled 9.6 bn BYR, a decrease of 6.4% since the beginning of 2017
- EDA has grown steadily from -2% in January to +0.6%, creating positive prospects for gradual recovery; as one of the indicators of recovery is consumer spending behavior in the food and drinks markets
- Most categories in the soft drinks market showed decline in consumption, retails sales slowed in most categories in Q1-17
- Inflation was 1.7% in Q1-17
- GDP has shown some quarterly marginal growth of 0.3% in Q1-17, compared to -4% in Q1-16
- Retail turnover in Q1-17 still fell short by 1.4%, compared to Q1-16
- Despite the introduction of some new products in Q1-17, most new product launches were delayed until the economic climate improved, as gross salary average further decreased in Q1-17. Prospects for gross salary average reaching the target of 500 USD is estimated as unrealistic.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Belarus beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Belarus to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry ‘hot topic’ offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
2 Impact Of The Economic Situation
4 Market Drivers
5 Market Trends
5.1 Soft Drinks
5.1.1 Packaged Water
5.1.2 Bulk/HOD Water
5.1.4 Enhanced Water
5.1.5 Flavored Water
5.1.8 Still Drinks
5.1.10 Fruit Powders
5.1.11 Iced/RTD Tea Drinks
5.1.12 Sports Drinks
5.1.13 Energy Drinks
5.2 Alcoholic Drinks
5.3 Dairy Drinks
5.4 Hot Beverages
6 Soft Drinks Quarterly Update
6.1.1 Industry News
6.1.2 Distribution News
6.1.3 Packaging/Legislation News
6.2 New Products & Photo Shots
7 Focus On Premiumization In Soft Drinks
8 Data Tables
9 Pricing Tables
- What is this Report About?
Table 1: Belarus at a Glance - Quarterly Performance and Latest Forecast
Table 2: Impact Of The Economic Situation
Table 3: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F
Table 4: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F
Table 5: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F
Table 6: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F
Table 7: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F
Table 8: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F
Table 9: Selected Retail Price Movements, 2016-2017