The Indian SCM market experienced a moderate growth rate of 5.5% in 2016 (on a YoY basis) with the Web security segment growing at 7.9% (YoY) and email security growing at a modest rate of 2.1% (YoY). Accounting for 24.9% of the total market, spending by the banking sector on SCM solutions also grew to make Indian banking more secure and to reduce the chances of malware and ransomware attacks. The banking and finance sector in India evaded what could have been one of the biggest attacks in the history of cyber-related crime in India. The Union Bank of India was attacked by a hacker who siphoned $170 million; however, the funds were later tracked down and retrieved. After this incident, this particular sector came to the forefront of spending on cybersecurity. In addition to the market growth analysis, the study highlights the key driving forces for the SCM market. Some key drivers include the continual surge of new advanced threats and attacks through email and Web vectors and better awareness of the threat landscape. The surge of IoT devices and the increasing adoption of mobility in the workforce require organizations to tighten their control of online content to enhance productivity and prevent threats. Strict compliance requirements drive investments in security to prevent litigation and legal liabilities and in turn drive adoption of cybersecurity. Market trends are analyzed for the study period of 2015 to 2021, with the base year as 2016. SCM solutions are the key focus area in this study. The vertical segmentation in this study includes the government, banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), service providers, manufacturing, education, and other sectors. Companies mentioned in the SCM market's competitive landscape include Symantec, Cisco (Ironport), Trend Micro, Forcepoint, McAfee, Lyceum Capital (Clearswift), Axway (Tumbleweed), Barracuda, Fortinet, SonicWall, Sophos, F-Secure, Kaspersky and other small vendors.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the secure content management (SCM) market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
- Will SCM solutions continue to exist, or will they get replaced by other solutions?
- How will the structure of the market change with time?
- Will SCM products/services become features in other markets?
- Are the vendors in the market ready to manage alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
1. Market Overview
- Market Definitions
- Market Geographical Coverage
- Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Market Segmentation
2. Forecasts and Trends
- Forecast Assumptions
- Key Findings
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Revenue Forecast
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Segment
- Revenue Forecast by Segment
- Revenue Forecast Discussion by Segment
- Demand Analysis by Vertical
- Demand Analysis by Horizontal
- Market Share
- Competitive Environment
3. Growth Opportunities and Call to Action
- Transformation in SCM Industry Ecosystem
- Growth Opportunity 1-Business Email Compromise/ CEO Email Fraud Prevention
- Growth Opportunity 2-Email-MFA Integration/ As-a-service
- Growth Opportunity 3-Phishing Simulator Integration
- Growth Opportunity 4-Web Filtering and Monitoring-as-a-service for Consumer/ Home Market
- Growth Opportunity 5-Web-based Prevention for File-less/ Memory-based Attacks
- 5 Major Growth Opportunities
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
4. The Last Word
- The Last Word-Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Engineering Methodology