The overall research objective is to measure the current use and future decision making behavior toward information technology (IT) in Latin America, specifically: Enterprise Mobility Management, eCommerce/mCommerce, Unified Communications & Collaboration (UCC), Infrastructure and Data Centers, Big Data and Analytics’ Omnichannel Marketing, Customer Experience Management, Cyber Security, Internet of Things, Enterprise Content and Business Processes Management, Fintech, and API/CPaaS (Application Programming Interface/Communications Platforms as a Service) Strategy.
This research aims to:
- Understand the IT-related challenges organizations face today
- Monitor the status of digital transformation including newer solutions such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality
- (AR/VR), and mCommerce
- Assess the current and future use of business communications technologies
- Evaluate factors that drive investments in communications technologies
- Gauge IT and communications trends
- Appraise available IT budgets
The top challenge for IT departments in Latin America is the ability to align IT with business strategies and/or not having a clear IT strategy (30% of respondents), followed by security concerns (26%), and systems integration (26%).
Latin America is the leading region with regard to investments in digital transformation technologies, as fintech, omnichannel marketing, and API strategy represent the top three investments over the next two years.
About 65% of respondents in Latin America plan to increase their IT budgets, with an average increase of 28%.
Improving digital presence is a top contender for IT investments over the next two years.
The optimism around being an early adopter and the high growth in IT investments bodes well for IT solutions providers. Companies that are able to effectively help end user industries to implement a digital transformation strategy will be the winners.
1. RESEARCH OBJECTIVES AND METHODS
- Research Objectives
- Survey Methodology
- Navigating Digital Transformation-Respondent IT Decision Maker Profile, Latin America, 2017
- Navigating Digital Transformation-Respondent's Job Titles, Latin America, 2017
2. SUMMARY OF KEY FINDINGS
- Challenges Faced by IT Departments; IT Investment Drivers; Technology Trends
- Plans for Investment
3. PERCEPTIONS OF IT SOLUTIONS-CHALLENGES, INVESTMENT DRIVERS, IT’S IMPACT ON REVENUES AND COST REDUCTION EFFORTS, AND SECURITY CONCERNS
- Navigating Digital Transformation-IT & Communications Investments Today, Latin America, 2017
- Navigating Digital Transformation-Top Challenges for IT, Latin America, 2017
- Navigating Digital Transformation-Top Drivers for IT Investment Over Next 2 Years, Latin America, 2017 to 2019
- Navigating Digital Transformation-Top Technologies to Impact Revenue Growth, Latin America, 2017
- Navigating Digital Transformation-Top Technologies to Impact Cost Reduction Efforts, Latin America, 2017
- Navigating Digital Transformation-Top Security Concerns Regarding IT, Latin America, 2017
4. DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY TRENDS
- Navigating Digital Transformation-Top Benefits of IoT Investments, Europe, 2017
- Navigating Digital Transformation-Decision-Making Factors When Selecting a Cloud Provider, Latin America, 2017
- Navigating Digital Transformation-Benefits of Cloud for IT and Communications Solutions, Latin America, 2017
- Navigating Digital Transformation-Percent of Mobile Devices Used for Job Functions, Latin America, 2017
- Navigating Digital Transformation-Benefits of Social Media, Latin America, 2017
5. DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION-READINESS AND CRITICAL INVESTMENTS
- Navigating Digital Transformation-Digital Transformation Readiness, Latin America, 2017
- Navigating Digital Transformation-Businesses Achieving Revenue Growth of Over 50% by Stage of Digital Transformation Readiness, Latin America, 2017
- Navigating Digital Transformation-Critical Investments for Digital Transformation Over next Five Years, Latin America, 2017
6. DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION-IT BUDGETS AND PLANS FOR INVESTMENTS
- Navigating Digital Transformation-Budget Change Expectations, Latin America, 2018
- Navigating Digital Transformation-Plans for Investment Over Next Two Years, Latin America, 2017
7. DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION-STRATEGIC IMPERATIVES
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
8. THE LAST WORD
- The Last Word-Three Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer