This 2 day practical programme for family office representatives, family members and wealth managers explores the best strategies for preserving family wealth and managing a modern family office.
You will have a chance to explore the family governance mechanisms, intergenerational wealth transfer, managing complexities of international wealth mobility and succession planning. You will also learn about the operational settings and asset allocation, cost and risk management, tax advisory and philanthropy.
Conducted by a family office expert with many years of providing services for high net worth clients worldwide, this course focuses on the latest market trends and effective wealth preservation strategies.
What Will You Learn
By the end of this course you will:
- Have an in-depth practical understanding of the structure of a family office and effective family office management approaches
- Learn about family governance mechanisms
- Explore how to structure wealth and manage intergenerational wealth transfer
- Manage family office from choosing an advisor, to cost and reputation management as well as asset allocation strategies
- Explore different services provided by family office and how to arrange them
- Understand the latest changes in the wealth management sector
Topics Covered During This Training
- Structuring of family office and governance mechanisms
- Developing the family “mission and values”
- Dealing with complex family structures
- Understanding change over the life cycle of family businesses and succession planning
- Mobility of wealth & the family business
- Intergenerational wealth transfer
- Services provided by a family office
- Selecting advisors and cost management
- Asset allocation mechanics and optimisation
- Investments of passion
- Tax management and advisory
- Performance measurement and reward systems
- Wealth structuring and fiduciary services
- Financial planning
- Reputation management
- Valuation of the family business
- Current challenges and the changing role of the family office
1. Introduction2. Managing the Family office3. Family Governance and dynamics4. Succession Planning5. An overview of the services of a Family Office
6. Understanding Asset Allocation
7. Mechanics of Asset Allocation8. Valuation of the family business9. Trends in the Family Office industry
Our Course Director is currently working as a trainer and consultant focusing on the wealth management needs of high net worth private clients, their families and their businesses.
Prior to this Bill worked in the international private banking market for almost 20 years. His private banking career began with Royal Bank of Canada where he spent 15 years in a variety of senior roles covering all aspects of the international wealth management business both onshore (London) and offshore (Bermuda).
Bill has broad general wealth management experience but his particular area of expertise is developing financial planning solutions for international high net worth private clients and their businesses who have complex cross border planning issues. In addition to wealth structuring, tax and estate planning the practice also advises on the specific challenges in establishing and growing a successful family enterprise.
During his career Bill has had responsibility for designing and delivering financial education programmes for professional staff and wealthy families in the Middle East, Europe, USA, Canada, South America and Africa. Bill is currently developing and delivering training programmes for international banks, private banks, wealth managers, family offices, professional bodies and regulators covering a broad range of financial, investment and soft skills subjects.
Bill is a Chartered Accountant (FCA), Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) and Financial Planner (DipPFS).
Heads and Members of:
- Multi and Single Family Offices
- Wealth Managers
- Private Bankers
- Client Relationship Managers
- Heads of Family Services
- Head of Business Development
- Financial Planners
The course is designed for family office professionals and wealth managers and will give you an insight into the best practices for wealth management and wealth preservation.
Venue to be announced shortly.