This growth insight examines augmented reality (AR) and how it can be used in industrial applications. It also seeks to unveil the business value of leveraging Internet of Things (IoT) data to create new machine interfaces. AR is now widely used by consumers in everyday life, with many examples on mobile apps used for gaming and entertainment. However, AR can also be used by industrial companies. It finds application in several stages throughout the lifecycle of the product: beginning from design, manufacturing, equipment commissioning, and decommissioning to maintenance and inspection. AR can potentially change the way workers interact with industrial processes and machines. These companies can achieve business value like increased efficiency, reduced rework and greater worker safety.
Key questions this study will answer:
- What is augmented reality?
- What is the Internet of Things?
- How can AR and IoT support an industrial company?
- What is the business value that can be achieved by using industrial AR?
- What is the future of AR adoption in the industrial sector?
1. Executive Summary
2. Key Findings
3. Introduction and Overview
- About AR
- Use of AR in Apps
- Use of AR in Entertainment
4. Overview of IoT and the Importance of B2B Industrial Applications of IoT
- Defining the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Convergence Enablers
- IoT Reference Architecture
- Key Takeaway for IoT
5. AR in the Industrial Sector
- AR and IoT Can Support Product Development
- AR in the Design Process
- AR in the Manufacturing and Assembly Process
- AR to Support Equipment Maintenance
6. Growth Opportunities
- Growth Opportunity - Supporting Product Development
7. Future of AR Adoption
- Inhibitors to Adoption of AR
- Legal Disclaimer