"Tobacco Company Profile - VNTC, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Vietnamian and global market. The report analyzes the market size and structure of VNTC in Vietnam and globally, based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise. Key companies and consumer trends are also analyzed.
The Vietnam National Tobacco Corporation (VNTC or Vinataba) was established in 1985 is not only the largest cigarette producer in Vietnam but one of the largest business enterprises in the country. It is a state-owned holding group which, since June 2007, has been the only concern permitted to produce, import, and distribute cigarettes and cigars in Vietnam. VNTC comprises a number of directly controlled cigarette production units, as well as tobacco growing companies, support and service companies, and several joint venture companies. VNTC has international partnerships with the likes of BAT, JTI, PMI, and Imperial Tobacco whereby foreign brands are produced under license in VNTC's factories. Vietnam is a large and was, until recently, a growing market for cigarettes. Imports have been effectively prohibited in Vietnam since 1990, although illegal importation is widespread, to the extent that it accounts for just under a fifth of consumption. Recently, such contraband has negatively impacted legal sales. In the last few years, Vinataba has placed increasing focus on building up its exports to ensure long term profitability for the company. Overall, the company is forecast to remain as the central player in Vietnam and an increasingly important one on the global stage as well.
- VNTC overall cigarettes sales reach over 69 billion pieces in 2016.
- Cigarette exports hit 21.8 billion pieces in 2013, the most recent year data was released, from only 8.0 billion pieces in 2008.
- VNTC controls just under 50% of the Vietnamese cigarette market, as of 2016.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Key Company Facts
3. Corporate Structure
4. Financial Highlights
5. Cigarette Business Review
5.3. International Markets
6. Company Strengths, Strategies & Performance
7.1. What is this Report About?
7.2. Product Category Coverage
7.6. Contact Us
List of Tables
Table 1: Key Company Facts
Table 2: VNTC: Reported Member Companies & Joint Ventures, 2017
Table 3: VNTC: Reported Cigarette Subsidiaries & Brands 2017
Table 4: VNTC: Cigarette Joint Ventures 2017
Table 5: VNTC: Financial Highlights, VND Billion, 2002-2015
Table 6: Vinataba: Export Revenues, US$ Million, 2002-2013
Table 7: Gross Output, Vietnamese Tobacco Industry, VND Billion, 2005-2012
Table 8: Saigon Tobacco Company: Financial Highlights, VND Billion, 2005-2013
Table 9: TTLC: VNTC: Global Cigarette Sales & Share Development, Billion Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 10: Vietnam Market Size, Company Share & Sales Volume, Billion Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 11: Manufacturer Shares, Menthol Cigarettes, %, 2007
Table 12: Vinataba Export Sales, Million Packs and Billion Pieces, 2004-2013
Table 13: Exports by Country of Destination, Million Pieces, 2007-2013
List of Figures
Figure 1: VNTC - Organization Structure, 2017
Figure 2: Methodology
- Vietnam National Tobacco Corporation (VNTC or Vinataba)
- Imperial Saigon Industry Corporation (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Khanh Viet Corporation (Khanh Hoa Province)
- Dong Nai Food Industry Corporation (Dong Nai Province)
- Binh Duong Industry Service & Tobacco Company (Binh Duong Province)
- 27/7 Company (Ho Chi Minh City)