'Cigarettes in Algeria, 2017', is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Algerian market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Algeria, a country of over 40 million people, is a substantial market for cigarettes. Contraband is a growing problem for the authorities, boosted since 2010 by tax-induced price rises. The majority of cigarettes are soft packed, although SNTA has recently begun to offer some of its popular brands in hard packs, a move designed to counter competition from international brands as well as local rival, STAEM. The demand for blond filter cigarettes has been growing at the expense of traditional dark cigarettes, but has been constrained by supply problems.
- King-size lengths are the most popular, now holding in excess of 80% of sales.
- The demand for blond filter cigarettes has been growing at the expense of traditional dark cigarettes, but has been constrained by supply problems.
- SNTA is a state monopoly and is the leading producer of cigarettes.
- The company has had production problems over the years which, along with increased competition, reduced the share for its own brands.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.7. Contact Us
List of Tables:
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 3: Contraband Sales, 2009-2013
Table 4: Cigarette Consumption by Type: Plain vs. Filter, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 5: Cigarette Consumption by Type: Plain vs. Filter, 2000-2015, % Breakdown
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 7: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2016, % of Total
Table 8: SNTA: Domestic Brands, 2014
Table 9: PMI Brand Shares, 2007-2013, % of Total
Table 10: Retail Prices of Selected Brands, December 2011 & January 2012, DA per Pack 20
Table 11: Cigarette & Tobacco Prices, 2001-2011
Table 12: Algeria, Selected Cigarette Prices, 2016 & 2017, DA/pack
Table 13: Smoking population,1990-2016
Table 14: An analysis of Global Youth Tobacco Survey (GYTS) results
Table 15: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015
Table 16: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2016
Table 17: Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, Volume, 2001-2016, Million Pieces
Table 18: Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, Volume, 2001-2016, % of Total
Table 19: Cigarette Exports, 1991-2013
Table 20: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2010-2015, 000' Pieces
Table 21: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2010-2015, % of Total
Table 22: Company profile: Société Nationale des Tabacs et Allumettes SpA (SNTA)
Table 23: Consumption Forecasts to 2026
List of Figures:
Figure 1: Methodology
Figure 2: at a glance