An essential guide providing engineers involved with electronics production with the understanding and practical skills needed to develop and maintain an effective ESD control program for manufacturing, storage, and handling of ESD sensitive components
Every company that handles ESD susceptible components such as semiconductor devices needs an understanding of ESD control in order to avoid ESD damage in their processes. Despite this, there are very few books available on the subject and much of the currently available literature is not aligned with current practices and the ESD program standards IEC 61340–5–1 and ESD S20:20.
Because within the industry, people often move into a position of responsibility for ESD control from different backgrounds with a minimal knowledge of the subject, The ESD Control Program Handbook explains the principles and practice of ESD control in an easily accessible way whilst also providing more depth and a wealth of references for those who want to gain a deeper knowledge of the subject. It covers the scientific basis of ESD, an overview of ESD susceptible components, principles of ESD control, development of an ESD control program, ESD training and how to do the most commonly used ESD related measurements.
- Gives the reader a sound understanding of the subject to analyse the ESD control requirements of their manufacturing processes, and develop an effective ESD control program.
- As well as dispensing the practical knowledge, it also contains enough theory and background for readers to understand the principles of ESD control.
- One of only a few books on ESD oriented toward control in electronic system manufacture, rather than from the point of view of integrated circuit and semiconductor device design.
- Emphasises working with modern ESD control program standards IEC 61340–5–1 and ESD S20:20, to which the author has contributed.
- References are given to encourage further reading and study to advance readers knowledge and understanding.
This is an invaluable reference for anyone who has responsibility for setting up, evaluating or maintaining an effective ESD control program, training personnel or making ESD control related measurements. It is a handbook for ESD control in the electronics industry, and a practical guide to the principles and practice of successful ESD control.