The study covers current and future market trends, drivers, challenges, and opportunities in US therapeutic apheresis market. It breaks down the market into hematology and oncology, neurology, rheumatology, and other therapeutic areas. Therapeutic apheresis has become an essential element of the blood and blood components industry value chain. Hospitals are the primary users of apheresis equipment and solutions; other users include blood banks and dialysis centers. End users include therapeutic apheresis nurses, referring physicians, hematologists, oncologists, rheumatologists, neurologists, nephrologists, cardiologists, and lipidologists.
The study covers standard plasmapheresis or plasma exchange, extracorporeal immunoadsorption, plateletpheresis, red cell exchange, leukapheresis, and lipidpheresis. The two broad product categories are devices and disposables.
The study discusses key trends that are expected to impact the market, including more applications across different therapeutics segments and diversification aimed at long-term growth. The industry is also witnessing a shift as the adoption of apheresis procedures, with more growth possibilities in autoimmune, renal and rare disease therapeutic areas.
The study examines the 2016 market size and presents a forecast through 2021, as well as the current market share of therapeutic areas. It offers a regulatory overview and a look at reimbursement and pricing trends. It also discusses the competitive landscape and the key market players in the industry. Tier I companies include Fresenius Medical Care Holdings, Terumo BCT, Haemonetics Corporation, Asahi Kasei Medical Company, Cerus Corporation, and B. Braun Melsungen AG. Tier II companies include Kaneka Corporation and Nikkiso Co., Ltd.
Key questions the study will answer include:
- What are the market drivers and restraints?
- What is the current market size?
- What is its potential for growth?
- What are the key trends regarding reimbursements and pricing, and how are they expected to affect market growth?
- Who are the key market participants, and what is the current competitive structure?
- What are the key market growth opportunities, and how will they affect stakeholders?
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
2. Market Overview
- Market Definition
- Market Scope and Segmentation
- Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Value Chain Analysis
3. Market Trends
- Market Dynamics
- Market Impact of Top Trends
- Regulatory Overview
- Reimbursement Trends
4. Drivers and Restraints
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
5. Forecast and Trends
- Forecast Assumptions
- Market Forecast Scenarios
- Forecast by Therapeutic Category
- Pricing Trends
6. Competitive Landscape
- Competitive Environment
- Key Vendors to Watch
- Key Service Providers to Watch
7. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity 1-Growing Application and Scope of Therapeutic Plasmapheresis
- Growth Opportunity 2-Increasing Focus on Diversifying Product Applications
- Growth Opportunity 3-Pathogen-Reduced Platelets and Plasma
- Strategic Imperatives
8. ECP Treatments-Market Insights
- ECP Treatments-Market Insights
- Drivers Explained
- Restraints Explained
- Legal Disclaimer
- Asahi Kasei Medical Company
- B. Braun Melsungen AG.
- Cerus Corporation
- Fresenius Medical Care Holdings
- Haemonetics Corporation
- Kaneka Corporation
- Nikkiso Co., Ltd.
- Terumo BCT