It is estimated that more than 19,000 pathologists would be needed to serve the US healthcare needs. However, the actual number is expected to be approximately 40% lesser. Similar trends are foreseen globally driven by aging population and widening application in areas such as cancer diagnostics, drug development, clinical trials, biomarker discovery, and companion diagnostics. Digital pathology can improve efficiency of pathologists by 10-15%, thereby helping the healthcare providers in filling such gaps. This factor is a key driver for the rapid growth in adoption of digital pathology solutions globally.
In April 2017, FDA approved the IntelliSite Pathology Solution from Royal Philips. This was the first digital pathology product for which any US manufacturer received approval for primary diagnostics purpose. An expected increase in regulatory approval for digital pathology systems for primary diagnostics will support the growth in demand for these systems.
To cater to the growing demand for digital pathology solutions, the industry has observed numerous partnerships, collaborations, and M&As. These strategies have been undertaken to expand product portfolio and deepen solution expertise while catering to changing customer demands.
The key objectives of the companies-to-action for digital pathology study are to highlight current market dynamics, key market participants, customer segments, and evolving business opportunities. The study aims to identify both established enterprises and start-ups, which are capable of shaping the future through best practices implementation, visionary leadership, and innovation in business models.
Further, the study provides an analysis of companies segregated by hardware, software, services and storage. It covers business profile, key solution offerings, target customer segments, service differentiators, and future growth strategies.
The study also highlights growth opportunities, case study of notable market developments, key trends, mergers and acquisitions, for investment and collaboration opportunities.
Companies mentioned in the study are: Agfa Healthcare, Corista, Definiens, Fimmic Oy, GE (Omnyx), Hamamatsu, Huron Digital Pathology, Indica Labs, Inspirata, Leica Biosystems, OptraSCAN, Pathcore, Philips, Proscia, Sectra, Sunquest, Visiopharm, Ventana Medical Systems, Roche, and 3D Histech.
Key questions this study will answer:
- How are digital pathology companies creating extraordinary value for stakeholders?
- Which are some unique companies that are introducing new and innovative solutions in the market?
- How do these companies intend to transform healthcare industry paradigms in the future? What is the impact of the external industry environment on this market?
- What is their action plan and potential for growth?
- What are the current growth opportunities in digital pathology?
- What are some key success factors in the digital pathology market?
- Which are the companies with whom partnerships can be forged?
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Scope and Segmentation
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Key Findings
2. COMPANIES-TO-ACTION OVERVIEW
- Companies-To-Action Value Creators
- Threats & Opportunities
3. DIGITAL PATHOLOGY MARKET OVERVIEW
- Definition and Solution Segmentation
- Impact of Key Market Influencers
- Top 3 Trends and Vendor Strategies
- C2A Targets Aligned with Top 3 Trends
4. COMPANIES-TO-ACTION PROFILES
- Value Chain Analysis
- Benchmarking of Top Companies-To-Action
- Indica Labs
- Leica Biosystems
- Ventana Medical Systems-Roche
- 3DHISTECH Ltd.
- Short Profiles of Digital Pathology Companies
5. COMPETITIVE PLAYBOOK
- GE Healthcare and Omnyx-Case Study 1
- GE Philips-Case Study 2
- Key Mergers and Acquisitions
6. GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES AND COMPANIES-TO-ACTION
- Top 5 Growth Opportunities
- Strategic Imperatives for the Digital Pathology Market
7. THE LAST WORD
- Conclusion-Key Takeaway from the Companies-To-Action Analysis
- Legal Disclaimer
- Comparative Matrix of Companies
- 3D Histech
- Agfa Healthcare
- Fimmic Oy
- GE (Omnyx)
- Huron Digital Pathology
- Indica Labs
- Leica Biosystems
- Ventana Medical Systems