"Opportunities in the Western Europe Spirits Sector", report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's Spirits sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
Western Europe is the second largest region in the global spirits sector with a value share of 16.6% in 2016. The Western Europe spirits sector is expected to grow from US$103,950.1 million in 2016 to US$116,522.4 million in 2021, at a CAGR of 2.3% during 2016-2021. Food & Drinks Specialist was the largest distribution channel in the Western Europe spirits sector, accounting for 31.1% of overall value sales in 2016.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the sector in the region.
It includes analysis on the following:
- Sector overview: Provides overview of the sector size, value and volume growth analysis, across regions
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of hot drinks by markets across the key countries in the region.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top 4 high potential countries in the region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of high potential countries covering value growth during 2016-2021, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the region, besides analyzing the growth of Private Label products in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for hot drinks across the key countries in the region, in 2016. It covers these distribution channels - hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, dollar stores, which include variety stores & general merchandisers and others, which includes cash & carries & warehouse clubs and others.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2016) and growth analysis (during 2011-2021) for various packaging materials, pack type, closure, and outer types based on the volume sales (units) of spirits
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates
2. Market size and growth analysis (Regional analysis )
Market Size Analysis - Western Europe compared to other regions
Growth analysis by region
Growth Analysis by country
Growth Analysis by market
3. Growth potential by countries in Western Europe
Risk, reward and opportunity analysis - Opportunity scores
4. Market size and growth analysis
Overview - Value and volume growth analysis by country
Growth Contribution Analysis by Country
Share of Spirits sectors compared to other alcoholic beverage sectors
Change in consumption levels by country and Spirits markets
Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country Profiles
6. Success Stories
7. Company and Brand Analysis
Brand Share Analysis in the Spirits sector
Leading companies in the Western Europe Spirits sector by value sales
Leading brands (including Private Label) in Western Europe Spirits sector by value sales
Private label penetration in the Spirits sector
8. Key Distribution Channels
Leading Distribution channels by countries
Leading Distribution channels by categories
9. Key Packaging Formats
Growth analysis by key package material and pack type
Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
10. Challenges and Future Outlook
List of Tables
Regional comparison: Market size, growth, and per capita analysis, 2016-2021
Identifying high potential countries - Risk, reward and opportunity analysis
High potential countries in Western Europe - Overview
Value share of Spirits sector as a proportion of overall food by country
Change in consumption levels by market within the Spirits sector (value terms), 2016-2021
Per Capita Consumption in Western Europe and high potential countries, 2016
Per Capita Expenditure in Western Europe and high potential countries, 2016
German Spirits - Overview, % value share by market, 2016
French Spirits - Overview % value share by market, 2016
United Kingdom Spirits- Overview % value share by market, 2016
The Netherlands Spirits - Overview % value share by market, 2016
Leading brands in the Western Europe Spirits Sector and Markets by volume, 2016
Leading companies in the Western Europe Spirits Sector by volume sales (million liters), 2016
Leading Brands (including Private label) in the Western Europe Spirits Sector by volume sales (million liters), 2016
Private Label penetration in the Spirits sector
Leading Distribution Channels in the Western Europe region by countries, 2016
Leading Distribution Channels in the Western Europe region by categories, 2016
List of Figures
Annual value growth analysis by region (2016-2021)
Annual volume growth analysis by region (2016-2021)
Value and volume growth analysis by country (2016-2021)
Value and volume growth analysis by market (2016-2021)
Country level contribution to the growth by Markets in the Western Europe region, 2016-2021
Germany Spirits - Demographic Analysis
France Spirits - Demographic Analysis
United Kingdom Spirits - Demographic Analysis
The Netherlands Spirits - Demographic Analysis
Key package material volume (units) share, 2016
Unit volume growth by package material (2011-2021)
Key pack type volume (units) share, 2016
Unit volume growth by pack type (2011-2021)
Key closure type volume (units) share, 2016
Unit volume growth by closure type (2011-2021)
Key primary outer type volume (units) share, 2016
Unit volume growth by primary outer type (2011-2021)
- SUNTORY HOLDINGS LIMITED.
- Pernod Ricard SA
- Bacardi Limited
- Sazerac Company Inc.
- Brown-Forman Corporation
- Heaven Hill Distilleries Inc.
- Grupo Cuervo
- Constellation Brands Inc
- LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis Vuitton
- Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A.