This Sensor TOE profiles innovations and advancements in sensors for vehicle parking management, including vehicle detection sensors using magnetic and ultrasonic technologies, camera-based parking guidance, wireless parking sensors, infrared parking space sensors, and street-light integrated parking sensors.
Sensor TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) captures global sensor-related innovations and developments on a weekly basis. Innovations are directed toward developing smart and intelligent sensors with functionalities beyond sensing. Research focus areas include: low power sensors (energy harvesting), industrial automation sensors (M2M, vision sensor), ubiquitous sensor (WSN, sensor fusion), smart sensors (wearables, quantified self), high sensitivity and smaller size (MEMS, nanosensors), and improved security (CBRNE, terahertz). The need for low power, smaller, lighter sensors with enhanced performance attributes and minimal false alarms is driving innovations in the sensors space.
The Sensors and Instrumentation cluster covers innovations pertaining to technologies such as wireless sensors and networks, energy harvesting, haptics and touch, MEMS and nanosensors, Terahertz, ubiquitous/smart sensors, CBRNE, quantified-self, sensor fusion, M2M communications, and drones.
1. SENSORS FOR VEHICLE PARKING MANAGEMENT
- Recent Developments in Sensor Technologies
- Novel Vehicle Detection Sensors for Monitoring On-street Parking Space
- Camera-based Parking Guidance System
- Wireless Smart Parking Sensor
- Infrared Sensors for Monitoring Parking Spaces
- Parking Sensors Integrated in Street Lighting for Locating Parking Spaces
- Industry Contacts