This Advanced Manufacturing TOE depicts innovations in multi-material 3D printing of electric circuits and devices, direct multi-metal 3D printing to improve the power bed fusion approach, performance management software, robotic manufacturing systems for construction, and tools for robot decision making.
The Advanced Manufacturing TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) covers global innovations and developments related to manufacturing and industrial automation on a weekly basis. Innovations are focused toward improving product traceability, energy efficiency and reducing environmental footprints, integrating product design and manufacturing aspects for reducing time-to-market. Research focus areas include rapid prototyping (additive manufacturing), lightweighting (multimaterial joining, plastics and metals manufacturing, carbon fiber-based composite manufacturing), smart robotics (agile robots, consumer robots, swarm robotics, cobots), monitoring and control (wireless control networks, human machine interface), and simulation and modeling (design and simulation software).
The Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (AMA) Cluster covers technologies that enable clean, lean and flexible manufacturing and industrial automation. Technologies such as three-dimensional (3D) and four-dimensional (4D) printing, wireless sensors and networks, information and communication technology, multimaterial joining, composites manufacturing, digital manufacturing, micro- and nano-manufacturing, lasers, advanced software, and printing techniques, are covered as part of this cluster. The technologies covered here impact a wide range of industries, such as the impact semiconductor, automotive and transportation, aerospace and defense, industrial, healthcare, logistics, and electronics industries.
1. TECHNOLOGY INNOVATIONS IN MULTI-MATERIAL AND METAL 3D PRINTING, PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE, ROBOTIC MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS, AND ROBOT DECISION MAKING
- Recent Developments in Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
- Multi-functional Additive Manufacturing System
- Advanced Powder Bed Fusion 3D Printing Technology
- Performance Management System for Manufacturing Industries
- Robotic Manufacturing System for Construction
- Decision Making Tool for Autonomous Robots
- Industry Contacts