This study on the "Global Biologics Market: Companies-to-Action" presents an overview of the global biologics landscape with an emphasis on the top 10 leading bio-pharma companies in the market. The study highlights the shifting focus and investments of bio-pharma companies towards biologics discovery and development, which is attributed to the growing demand for innovative therapies as well as the loss of patent exclusivity of the leading pharma products. Across therapy areas, oncology and diabetes emerge as the key contributing segments alongside immunology and cardiovascular diseases. Several small- to mid-sized companies are increasingly focusing on oncology and immunology segments which have high unmet needs and higher acceptability for innovative therapies. Furthermore, across the biologics sub-segments, monoclonal antibodies (mAb) and bioengineered vaccines are amongst the highest contributing segments, with most companies having a strong focus on developing a mAb pipeline.
On the other hand, cell and gene therapy are expected to show a strong potential, especially across the rare diseases market, with leading companies like Amgen, Sanofi, Pfizer, etc., investing in molecules in the early stages of clinical development. These molecules, if approved, have the potential of becoming key blockbuster products, propelling the market by more than 20% in the next few years. To achieve expertise across specific therapy areas and biologic sub-segments, bio-pharma companies collaborate with Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations (CDMOs), Contract Research Organizations (CROs), and digital and medical equipment companies that provide access to innovative proprietary technologies for research and development activities and to optimize the manufacturing process of complex biologics.
Alongside industry and academic research collaborations, companies are also focusing on partnering with IT players such as IBM Watson, Intel etc., which provide technologically advanced solutions for conducting clinical trials to support complex drug manufacturing processes, thus creating integrated business models in addition to the above mentioned strategic analysis, a detailed biologic product pipeline, and a SWOT analysis of the key players has been undertaken.
Some of the key questions answered by the study include:
- What are the current growth opportunities in biologics? What is the impact of the external environment on this market?
- Which are the leading companies that are introducing new and innovative products in the market?
- How do these companies intend to transform the industry paradigms in the next five years?
- What is their strategic focus and potential for growth?
- What are the key strategic imperatives in the biologics market?
- What are the key strategic collaborations/partnerships and investments made by the companies to stay on the growth trajectory?
Key Questions this will Answer
- What are the current Growth Opportunities in biologics? What is the impact of the external environment on this market?
- Which are the leading companies that are introducing new and Innovative Products in the market?
- How do these companies intend to transform the Industry Paradigms in the next five years?
- What are the Key Strategic Collaborations/Partnerships and Investments made by the companies to stay on the growth trajectory
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings-Analysis of Companies-2-Action
- Scope and Segmentation
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
2. Companies-to-Action Overview
- Companies-to-Action Overview
- Companies to Action Value Creators
- Opportunities and Threats
- 10 Leading Biopharma Companies to Watch
3. Key Biologics Companies Product Pipeline Analysis-Roche: Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- Key Biologics Companies Product Pipeline Analysis-Roche: Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- Roche-Product Portfolio Overview
- Roche-Key Biologic Product Pipeline
- Roche SWOT Analysis
4. Amgen-Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- Amgen-Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- Amgen-Product Portfolio Overview
- Amgen-Key Biologic Product Pipeline
- Amgen SWOT Analysis
5. Sanofi-Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- Sanofi-Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- Sanofi-Product Portfolio Overview
- Sanofi-Key Biologic Product Pipeline
- Sanofi SWOT Analysis
6. Abbvie-Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- Abbvie-Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- Abbvie-Product Portfolio Overview
- Abbvie-Key Biologic Product Pipeline
- Abbvie SWOT Analysis
7. Novo Nordisk-Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- Novo Nordisk-Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- Novo Nordisk-Product Portfolio Overview
- Novo Nordisk-Key Biologic Product Pipeline
- Novo Nordisk SWOT Analysis
8. Merck & Co.-Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- Merck & Co.-Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- Merck & Co-Product Portfolio Overview
- Merck & Co-Key Biologic Product Pipeline
- Merck & Co SWOT Analysis
9. Pfizer-Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- Pfizer-Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- Pfizer-Product Portfolio Overview
- Pfizer-Key Biologic Product Pipeline
- Pfizer SWOT Analysis
10. Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)-Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)-Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- JNJ-Product Portfolio Overview
- JNJ-Key Biologic Product Pipeline
- JNJ SWOT Analysis
11. Eli Lilly-Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- Eli Lilly-Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- Eli Lilly-Product Portfolio Overview
- Eli Lilly-Key Biologic Product Pipeline
- Eli Lilly SWOT Analysis
12. GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)-Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)-Biologic Product Pipeline Analysis
- GlaxoSmithKline-Product Portfolio Overview
- GlaxoSmithKline-Key Biologic Product Pipeline
- GlaxoSmithKline SWOT Analysis
13. Growth Environment-Business Models and Competitive Playbook
- Growth Environment-Business Models and Competitive Playbook
- Business Models in Biologics Market
- Competitive Playbook-Market Share Analysis
- Top 10 Biologics in the Market
- Top 10 Biologics Companies
- Key Merger, Acquisition & Partnership Agreements
- Key Investments and Facility Expansions
14. Growth Opportunities & Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunities & Companies to Action
- Transformation in Industry Ecosystem
- 5 Major Growth Opportunities
- Strategic Imperatives for Biologics Market
15. The Last Word
- Conclusion-Key Take Aways
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Abbreviations