This Automotive and Transportation TOE identifies and discusses innovations in unmanned vessels and underwater vehicles, acoustic sensors for underwater navigation, LiDAR sensors for autonomous vehicles, machine vision technology for ADAS (advanced drive assistance systems), and connected vehicle platforms.
The purpose of the Automotive and Transportation (A&T) Technology Opportunity Engine (TOE) is to raise awareness of global technology innovations in self-propelled ground-based mobile platforms that are not only technically significant, but potentially offering commercial value. Each monthly A&T TOE provides subscribers valuable descriptions and analyses of 8 noteworthy innovations, written by a qualified TechVision automotive engineer affiliated with SAE International (the Society of Automotive Engineers). The main focus is on highway-licensed motor vehicles (light, medium and heavy). Passenger cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, scooters and railway locomotives are within the product scope, energized by any fuel. Many of the innovations concern powertrains (internal combustion engines, turbines, battery electrics, fuel cell electrics, hybrid-electrics), as well as drivetrains (including transmissions), interiors - seating and displays, advanced materials - as for body/chassis, wireless connectivity, and self-driving technology that is currently receiving so much attention. The A&T TOE outlines and evaluates each innovation, notes which organizations and developers are involved, projects the likely timing for commercialization, furnishes a patent analysis, and provides valuable strategic insights for industry stakeholders.
The Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (AMA) Cluster covers technologies that enable clean, lean and flexible manufacturing and industrial automation. Technologies such as three-dimensional (3D) and four-dimensional (4D) printing, wireless sensors and networks, information and communication technology, multimaterial joining, composites manufacturing, digital manufacturing, micro- and nano-manufacturing, lasers, advanced software, and printing techniques, are covered as part of this cluster. The technologies covered here impact a wide range of industries, such as the impact semiconductor, automotive and transportation, aerospace and defense, industrial, healthcare, logistics, and electronics industries.
1. ADVANCEMENTS IN UNMANNED MARINE VESSELS, AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES, ADAS, AND CONNECTED CARS
- Recent Developments in Automotive and Transportation Technologies
- Autonomous Control Systems of Unmanned Vessels
- Situational Awareness Solution Enabling Efficient Vessel Operations
- Mine Countermeasure Unmanned Undersea Vehicle
- Ultra-Short Base Line Sub-sea Positioning System
- Autonomous Surface Vehicle for Ocean Monitoring
- High Resolution and powerful LiDAR for Autonomous Vehicles
- Machine Vision Technology for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
- An Open Platform to Develop Connected Car Applications
- Industry Contacts