This issue of Advanced Coating & Surface Technology TOE covers recent innovations focused on superhydrophobic coating, high solid content coating, and water-based coating. The coatings can be used for myriad industries including wearable electronics, steel, and construction. The profiled innovations include superhydrophobic coating using multiwalled carbon nanotubes, superhydrophobic coating prepared via simple one-pot route, a transparent superhydrophobic coating using fluorinated polymer foam, a commercialized high solid content coating, and a high performance water-based coating for wall and flooring systems.
The Advanced Coating & Surface Technology TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on technologies, products, processes, applications and strategic insights on various coatings across industries. This encompasses protective and functional coatings such as antimicrobial coatings, food coatings, energy-saving coatings, smart glazing, hydrophilic, hydrophobic and super hydrophobic coatings, corrosion protection coatings, barrier coatings and paints.
The Chemicals and Advanced Materials cluster tracks research & innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thin films, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers and several other related technologies and its impact and application across industries.
1. ADVANCES IN SUPERHYDROPHOBIC, HIGH-SOLID CONTENT, AND WATER-BASED COATINGS
- Recent Innovations in Coating Technologies
- Superhydrophobic Coating for Wearable Electronics
- Bio-inspired Superhydrophobic Coating with High Mechanical Stability
- Organic Zinc-rich Epoxy Coating with Short Recoat Times and Self-healing Properties
- Transparent, Abrasion-resistant Superhydrophobic Coatings
- High-performance, Water-based, Aliphatic Urethane Coatings for Floor and Wall Systems
2. KEY CONTACTS