This Microelectronics TOE focuses on advancements in display technologies, portable electronics, and advanced data storage. Innovations profiled include Micro-LED technology to develop nanowires on silicon substrates, wearable device to cure morning sickness and motion sickness, digital holography-enabled near-eye display, flexible flash memory technology for advanced data storage devices, and advanced chipset for fast wireless charging of portable electronics.
The Microelectronics TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) captures global electronics-related innovations and developments on a weekly basis. Developments are centred on electronics attributed by low power and cost, smaller size, better viewing, display and interface facilities, wireless connectivity, higher memory capacity, flexibility and wearables. Research focus themes include small footprint lightweight devices (CNTs, graphene), smart monitoring and control (touch and haptics), energy efficiency (LEDs, OLEDs, power and thermal management, energy harvesting), and high speed and improved conductivity devices (SiC, GaN, GaAs).
Miniaturization, a move toward lower power consumption, and the need for enhanced features are driving innovations in the electronics sector. Technology focus areas include semiconductor manufacturing and design, flexible electronics, 3D integration/IC, MEMS and NEMS, solid state lighting, advanced displays, nanoelectronics, wearable electronics, brain computer interface, advanced displays, near field communication, and next generation data storage or memory.
1. Advancements in Display Technologies, Portable Electronics, and Advanced Data Storage
- Recent Developments in Display Technologies, Portable Electronics, and Advanced Data Storage
- Micro-LED Technology to Develop Nanowires on Silicon Substrates
- Wearable Device to Cure Morning Sickness and Motion Sickness
- Digital Holography-enabled Near-Eye Display
- Flexible Flash Memory Technology for Advanced Data Storage Devices
- Advanced Chipset for Fast Wireless Charging of Portable Electronics
- Key Contacts