This issue of High-Tech Materials TOE profiles medical applications of ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE). The innovations profiled include a composite UHMWPE with excellent oxidation resistance, a composite UHMWPE with excellent oxidation resistance, an antioxidant infused UHMWPE for reduction in potential implant failure rates, and a porous UHMWPE for use as implants in medical applications.
The High-Tech Materials TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on technologies, products, processes, applications, and strategic insights on various materials across industries. Some material technologies include lightweight materials, bio–based materials, ceramics, smart materials, fibers, nanomaterials, responsive materials, polymers, woven and non woven materials, polymers and plastics and packaging materials.
The Chemicals and Advanced Materials cluster tracks research and innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thinfilms, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers, and several other related technologies and its impact and application across industries.
1. Ultra-high Molecular Weight Polyethylene for Medical Applications
2. Innovations in Ultra-high Molecular Weight Polyethylene for Medical Applications
- Gel Spun UHMWPE for Medical Applications
- Development of UHMWPE Composite Materials
- Antioxidant-infused Ultra-high Molecular Weight Polyethylene
- UHMWPE Porous Polymer Article for Medical Implants
3. Strategic Insights
- IP - Scenario: Global Trends for Annual Patent Filing, Patent Filing by Jurisdiction, Patent Filings by Top 10 Assignees
- Analyst's Perspectives
4. Industry Contacts