Blockchain, the system that relies on networked computers which keep a record of all the transactions that have gone through it, has become an increasingly significant component of FinTech. Blockchain is only going to grow in importance in the way it disrupts and challenges the traditional financial services industry. Many financial institutions (FIs) are already starting to invest in this technology, with Deutsche Bank, Santander, NASDAQ and Barclays are just four examples of FIs which have been actively exploring how to utilise blockchain within their existing frameworks.
Blockchain in Financial Markets and Beyond: Challenges and Applications, edited by Ron Quaranta, will teach the reader how best to utilise blockchain technology in the financial markets. Authors will examine the origin of blockchain and how it works in practice; how to get your company ready for blockchain; the different rules and regulations around blockchain as they currently stand; and a discussion of the future possibilities for blockchain.
- Cryptocurrencies and Digital Assets
- Smart Contracts
- Legal Technology
- Supply Chain Opportunities
- The Promises and Limitations of Blockchain
1. Introduction: Ron Quaranta (Wall Street Blockchain Alliance)
2. What is blockchain? Alpesh Doshi (Redcliffe Capital)
3. Public vs Private Blockchains: Differences and Benefits: Iliana Oris Valiente
4. Cryptocurrencies and Digital Assets: Definition, Valuation and Investment Opportunities: Iliana Oris Valiente, Galen Moore (Token Report) and Ron Quaranta
5. Smart Contracts, Definition and Uses: Caitlin Long (Symbiont)
6. Code is Not Law: Legal Technology and the Age of Machine Law: Richard Levin, Peter F. Waltz and Robert W. Wenner (Polsinelli),
7. Privacy, Confidentiality and Identity: Steve Ehrlich (Spitzberg Partners Ltd) and Rouven Heck (ConsenSys)
8. Regulation and Compliance in a Blockchain World: James Jalil (Thompson Hine) and Jonathan Edwards
9. Reference Data and Other Blockchain Uses: Will Janensch (TruSet Reference Data)
10. The Humanitarian Space and Business Opportunity of Blockchain: Ashish Gadnis (BanQu Inc) and Vincent Molinaru (Ouisa Capital, LLC)
11. The Impact on Supply Chain Opportunities: Steve Ehrlich
12. Taking Stock and What We’ve Learned: Promises and Limitations of Blockchain: Joyce Shen (Emerging Technologies)
13. Blockchain Use Cases in Financial Markets and Beyond: Ron Quaranta and Michael Del Castillo (CoinDesk)
Ron Quaranta possesses over 25 years of experience in the financial services and technology industries. He currently serves as Chairman of the Wall Street Blockchain Alliance, a leading non-profit trade association promoting the education and adoption of blockchain technology across financial markets. Prior to this, Ron served as CEO of DerivaTrust Technologies, a pioneering software and communications provider of secure transaction and information platforms for financial market participants. He is a sought after speaker regarding financial technology and innovation, and serves as advisor to multiple start-ups and corporations focused on FinTech innovation and blockchain technology.