District heating and cooling is not a new concept, but this technology is gaining traction in Asia in the current era of urbanization, energy insecurity, and climate change mitigation. The study period is 20142021, with the base year as 2016, and forecast period as 2017 to 2021. This research covers East Asia (Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan) and Southeast Asian countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, the Philippines, and Vietnam). The district heating and cooling market in Asia is expected to register a compound annual growth rate of (CAGR) of 4.1% by the end of the forecast period.
Japan and South Korea are big on district energy, while the market for district cooling is slowly opening up in other parts of Asia, especially Southeast Asia. Singapore and Malaysia currently have few district cooling systems, while the other countries in this region remain largely untapped. The study also highlights the applicable visioning scenarios with their macro to micro implications. The visioning scenarios included are: social and demographic trends, industry Mega Trends, new business models, disruptive technologies, and competitive landscape trends. The study also enlists the key market drivers and restraints impacting the market, along with insights on the generation technologies used in the district energy market. Case studies that highlight best practices in district energy systems in the Asian countries are also included.
The publisher has considered eleven levers for growth in this market, highlighting vision and strategy and brand and demand growth opportunities. With the rise in awareness for energy efficiency and carbon emissions, the Asian region presents several opportunities for market growth. The study discusses eleven possible growth opportunities that will help market participants to gain a competitive advantage. For each of these growth opportunities, key context and opportunities along with a call to action have been discussed in this study. This research also talks about the strategic imperatives and top predictions for the district heating and cooling market.
Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Is the market growing, and if so, at what rate? What is the anticipated growth rate for this market during 2017 to 2021?
- What are the new business models and disruptive technologies?
- What are the impacts of social and demographic trends, industry Mega Trends, disruptive technologies, new business models, and competitive landscape on the market?
- What are the key growth levers influencing the District Heating & Cooling (DHC) market?
- What are the possible growth opportunities in this market?
- What are the strategic imperatives for the DHC market?
1. EXECUTIVE DASHBOARD
- Purpose of this Experiential Study
- 5 Step Process to Transformational Growth
- Strategic Imperatives for District Heating and Cooling Providers
2. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Market Overview - Segmentation
- Market Overview - Definitions
- Overview of a District Energy System
- District Energy Typical Value Chain
- Why District Heating and Cooling?
- Business Models
- Drivers and Restraints
3. MARKET FORECASTS
- Revenue Forecast
- Percent Revenue by Segment
- Percent Revenue by Region
- Revenue Forecast Discussion
4. TECHNOLOGY INSIGHTS
- District Energy Generation Technology
- Technology Roadmap - District Heating
- Technology Insight - District Heating
5. KEY SOLUTION PROVIDERS
- East Asia
- Southeast Asia - Singapore
- Southeast Asia - Malaysia
- Macro to Micro Visioning
- Trends Impacting District Heating & Cooling Market
- Top Predictions for the District Heating and Cooling Market
7. CASE STUDIES
- Case Study - Tackling Increasing Energy Demand
- Case Study - Changing Business Models
- Case Study - World’s Largest Underground DC System
8. GROWTH PIPELINE
- Levers for Growth
9. VISION AND STRATEGY - GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
- Growth Opportunity 1 - Smart District Energy Systems
- Growth Opportunity 2 - Stratified Thermal Network
- Growth Opportunity 3 - Flexible Pipes
- Growth Opportunity 4 - 4th Generation Thermal Systems
- Growth Opportunity 5 - Smart Energy Meters
- Growth Opportunity 6 - Sustainable Business Models
- Growth Opportunity 7 - Data Gathering and Analytics
- Growth Opportunity 8 - District Energy Liberalization
- Growth Opportunity 9 - Strategic Partnerships
10. BRAND AND DEMAND - GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
- Growth Opportunity 10 - Energy Services
- Growth Opportunity 11 - Return on Collaboration (ROC)
11. GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES MATRIX
- Identifying Your Company’s Growth Zone
- Growth Opportunities
- Growth Opportunities Matrix
12. GROWTH STRATEGY AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Growth Strategies for Your Company
- Prioritized Opportunities Through Implementation
- Legal Disclaimer
- Abbreviations and Acronyms Used