Chile’s telecom and pay-TV services market will grow from an estimated $6.7bn (Ps4.5trn) in 2017 to $7.7bn (Ps5.1trn) by 2022 at a CAGR of more than 2.5% (around 2.9% in Ps) over 2017-2022 driven by projected growth in the mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments.
Mobile data revenue will reach around $3.2bn (Ps1.3trn) by the end of 2022 at a CAGR of over 10.5% CAGR (over 11% in Ps) over 2017-2022 due to a rise in adoption of smartphones, and subsequent growth in consumption of data and LTE network expansion. Operators, such as Entel, are planning to spend an additional $100m on the ongoing expansion of its 4G network in Chile.
Mobile voice revenue will decline over the forecast period due to user shift toward OTT-based communication solutions. The fixed broadband segment will grow from an estimated $0.9bn in 2017 (Ps0.6trn) to over $1bn (Ps0.8trn) by 2022 at a CAGR of more than 5% (5.3% in Ps) driven by growing cable and FTTx subscriptions led by operator investments in fixed network expansion.
Chile’s pay-TV market will grow from an estimated $1.3bn (Ps0.8trn) in 2017 to $1.5bn (Ps1.0trn) by 2022 at a CAGR of over 3% (3.4% in Ps) driven by marginal growth in cable TV and a projected rise in IPTV subscriptions.
The report "Chile: Country Intelligence Report", provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Chile today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022.
Moreover, this report provides the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Chile.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Chile will grow at a CAGR of 2.7% during 2017-2022.
- Mobile revenue will account for 59.6% of the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2022, driven by rising adoption of 4G and mobile broadband services.
- Entel and Movistar lead the mobile market supported by its LTE/LTE-A services and unlimited data plans. While Movistar has tested LTE-A Pro in June 2017, Entel is planning to install Massive MIMO technology for upgrading its 4G network.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Chile’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Chile’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Chile’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Chile.
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
About the authors
Country Intelligence Report coverage