"Success Case Study: Gousto - Putting convenience back into the kitchen", is part of the author's Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of Gousto recipe boxes launched in the United Kingdom It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products as well as avoiding risk.
Generally, food and drink products that help with cooking and preparing home cooked meals at home appeal to the 65% of UK consumers who cook meals from scratch at home. The brand has been expanding its customer range by understand the needs of their consumer and targeting their demand in a personalized manner.
- Gousto featured 22 weekly recipes for consumers to choose from with portioned out sizes to reduce food wastage whilst able to provide delivery to over 99% of UK postcodes.
- Gousto meets the target audience's different needs by providing the consumer with plenty of options to match their lifestyle whether it is delivery or food/recipe choices.
- Subscription based brands can maintain and expand their consumer base by understanding and providing options for consumers to match their lifestyle with the product.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.