"The Impact of Social Media on FMCG innovation", explores the impact that the internet is having on consumers' lives, and how brands can leverage social media to reach consumers in the digital age.
This report focuses on various trends that demonstrate the impact that social media is having on consumer behavior and product development across different FMCG sectors. These trends include self-branding, sensory and indulgence, the rise of the social influencers, and digital activism. The future implications of social media on the FMCG space will also be discussed.
- Over two thirds of consumers agree that the internet has had a positive impact on their social life.
- Over a third of global consumers believe that social media has made them more self-conscious about their image.
- Over a quarter of consumers find unique shapes and bright colors in packaging exciting.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that are driving the social media infatuation to inspire product development.
- Gain a broader understanding of the industries that social media is impacting, and those that are less developed to understand where there are gaps in the market.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs in the form of specific opportunities to enhance future decision-making and inform new product development.
2. The impact of Social Media on FMCG products
Individualism and self-branding
Shareable and sensory appeal
3. What next?
- Quaker Oats
- Just Herbs
- Little Damage
- The Bagel Shop
- Palm Vaults
- Fenty Beauty
- Raw Pressery
- Huda Beauty
- Uncle Ben's
- Pets at Home
- Vero Water
- Charlotte Tillbury