"Targeting Consumer Needs for Energy and Sports Nutrition", report explores innovation opportunities for food, drink brands, sports nutrition, and energy food and drink brands.
Demand for energy and sports nutrition has moved from niche to mainstream, as consumers turn to such products to facilitate lifestyle needs beyond just sports and exercise.
- The majority of mainstream consumers exercise occasionally, rather than every day.
- There is a disconnect between turning consumer interest in functional food and drink for sport and energy into active purchases.
- Busy lifestyles and time-scarcity are driving demand for sports and energy products for uses beyond exercise.
- Understand what mainstream consumers want from sports and energy products, and how these needs differ from traditional users.
- Identify four key innovation platforms to target these mainstream consumer needs.
- Explore future opportunities with untapped potential for sports nutrition and energy food and drinks.
2. Innovation Opportunities
Make it Functional
Make it Natural
Make it Convenient
Make it Indulgent
3. The Future