"Cigarettes in Israel, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Israeli market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Israel has historically been a relatively buoyant market for cigarettes on account of its reasonably high standard of living and its expanding population. However, government measures to reduce the incidence of smoking through restrictions and tax hikes are having a major impact on consumption levels. The incidence of smoking recorded an increase in 2016 when it was estimated at 23.5%. This rise comes after a period when smoking rates had been in decline.
- The Israeli Government is pursuing a plan to reduce consumption levels through a combination of advice, smoking restrictions, and rising prices.
- As with many markets in the Middle East, there is a noticeable shift towards American blends.
- Dubek, Israel's largest cigarette manufacturer relinquished the mainstream market leadership to PMI in 2003.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail
5.2 Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1 Advertising Restrictions
8.2 Health Warnings/Labeling Requirements
8.3 Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1 What is this Report About?
11.2 Time Frame
11.3 Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, Duty Paid, 1990-2016
Table 3: Israel Cigarette Market, Value, 2012-2015
Table 4: Dubek v Imports: Sales & Share, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 5: Dubek v Imports: Sales & Share, 2000-2016, % of Total
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 7: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2016, % Volume
Table 8: Market Shares, Palestinian-Controlled Areas, 1996-1999 & 2004-2014, % of Total
Table 9: Development of Cigarette Taxation, 2002-2017
Table 10: Inflation Rate, 2006-2015
Table 11: Cigarette Prices of Low Cost Premium Brands, 2008 & 2010, ILS
Table 12: Retail Prices, Dubek Brands, 2013 & 2014, NIS/Pack, ILS/Pack
Table 13: Cigarette Prices, 2016, ILS
Table 14: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 15: Smoking Prevalence by Age & Gender, 2003/04, % Smokers
Table 16: Incidence of Smoking by Race, 2015, % of Total
Table 17: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015
Table 18: Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2016
Table 19: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 20: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2016, % of Total
Table 21: Cigarette Exports, 1990-2016
Table 22: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2008
Table 23: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2008, % of Total
Table 24: Company profile: Dubek Ltd
Table 25: Jerusalem Cigarette Company Ltd
Table 26: Consumption Forecasts to 2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology