Following a good year for the real estate industry in 2016, this year has witnessed the entry of more developments in the market that have served to further strengthen the underlying positive sentiments that are associated with this asset class. Luxury apartments have continued to mushroom in all parts of Colombo city as well as in the suburbs and have been met with good demand at the upper-mid range levels whilst the alternative business model offered by Commercial property development has also lured many investors into this market segment.
Exciting times await with the Port City set to get into gear whilst the governments long-term objectives envisioned in the Megapolis plan has also started to unravel. As such, Sri Lanka remains to be on course for steady growth in all real estate market segments with some geographic areas benefiting greatly from new transport infrastructure projects. Whilst location remains the perennial primary factor for any new project, a sensible assessment of the market in terms of price, identification of target groups and demand growth corridor along with a risk assessment is now more important than ever given the dynamic infrastructure development setting and rising competition in the industry.
This High-End Residential Apartments in Colombo Report, now into the 2nd edition, continues to closely monitor the Sri Lankan market by using a wide range of research tools that includes:
- Primary surveys
- Database development and data analysis
- One-on-one in-depth interviews with private sector and government officials
- Focus Group Discussions
- Area observation check lists and surveillance (Case studies)
- Desk research of available secondary data.
1. Sri Lanka
1.1. Country profile
2. Luxury and semi-luxury residential apartments
2.2. Overview of recent projects in greater Colombo
3. Analysis by price of the residential apartments
4. Analysis by product
5. Analysis by apartment size
6. Sales-wise analysis of apartments
7. Apartment Features
8. Apartment Fittings
9. Service Charges
10. Risk Assessment
11. SWOT Analysis
12. Case Study - Spot Lights on Rajagiriya