This executive brief is a summary of all the latest developments and industry updates from April to September 2017. It covers major Over-the-top (OTT) platforms, new entrants, latest features unveiled, service expansion, partnerships and collaborations between content owners, producers, telecom operators, smartphone OEMs, distributors, OTT platforms, etc. The market leaders and a detailed account of movers and shakers are provided to give you an overview of the ecosystem and its stakeholders. Investor pulse is encapsulated with the major funding and M&A rounds that have consolidated in the market.
The OTT video market in India is evolving rapidly with new services and participants making their foray into this competitive market. With the launch of Reliance Jio, the industry has gained a fillip with easier access to Internet connectivity and online video consumption. The market competition will intensify with more than 45 participants and a dynamic consumer base experimenting with these services.
Growth in the number of operators in the market (with over 7 new service launches) and proposed launches by Facebook and Twitter are testament to the lucrative online video streaming market in India. The influx of investment into regional and original production indicates the high appetite for OTT content from a diverse demography. This segment showcases vast growth potential as OTT video transcends urban barriers and becomes more mass market.
OTT platforms are currently monetising their operations primarily from advertising revenues as the SVOD model grapples with low adoption and high churn. This is gradually evolving with audiences experiencing high-quality premium content and getting accustomed to paying for such content.
Key Issues Addressed:
- Who are the key OTT video companies and latest entrants in India?
- What are the growth opportunities and new services expected?
- What is the level of investment that is being pumped into this market?
- What are the key trends to watch out for over the next few quarters?
- What collaborations and partnerships are being formed among the stakeholders?
1. Executive Summary
- Executive Brief on OTT Video, India
- OTT Video Market Ecosystem
- Key Market Highlights, January 2017 - September 2017
2. Market Growth and Investment Trends
- Go-to Market Strategy - Funding and Investments
- Go-to Market Strategy - Content Partnerships and Alliances
- Go-to Market Strategy - Value-add Features
- Go-to Market Strategy - Telecom and Payment Partnerships
3. Market Movers
- Market Leader - Hotstar
- Top Market Mover - Jio TV
- Top Market Entrant - Amazon Prime Instant Video
- Top Market Performer - Voot
- Related News
4. Last Word
- Trends to Watch Out for Over the Next Few Quarters
- Legal Disclaimer