The data center market remains warm due to the migration of on-premises infrastructure to service providers to ensure business continuity, lower operational costs, and increase physical and logical security. Despite the positive scenario, telecom operators still find it difficult to compete with the large data center and cloud service providers. Opportunities appear for the providers that have included in their portfolio the services of infrastructure management through network monitoring, servers, applications, and security as a way to present a greater value add, minimizing the commoditization of data center services.
This study covers the following data center services:
- Colocation: It includes the rent required to host a server, comprising physical infrastructure of the data center, space in the rack/cage, and data infrastructure.
- Dedicated hosting: Solutions involve a server, which is located at a dedicated facility, with resources that include a secured cage or cabinet, regulated power, dedicated Internet connection, security, and support features. These facilities offer customers a secure place to physically host their applications and corporate processes, as opposed to locating them in their offices or warehouses where the potential for fire, theft, or vandalism is higher.
- Disaster recovery: It includes associated expenditures specific to business continuity as well as recovery services in the data center.
- Storage: Electronic computing devices capable of storing large amounts of digital information on permanently accessible media (hard drives or an arrangement of hard drives), mostly related to magnetic or optical media. These include all devices with the capacity to hold and retain data such as servers, add-on disks, and storage area network (SAN) equipment and solutions.
- Only third-party data centers that provide infrastructure services to customers are considered. Captive data centers, which are built exclusively for the internal use of a company, are not in the project scope.
The publisher conducted in-depth primary interviews with leading technology service providers, analyzed their annual reports, and used in-house databases to conduct a detailed analysis of the data center market. The resulting revenue market size reflects a total sum of our estimates for individual companies. This survey also provides information on growth opportunities and emerging trends that will affect market participants during the forecast period.
Key Issues Addressed:
- What are the main drivers and restraints affecting growth of the Latin American data center services market?
- Will the market continue to grow? If so, at what rate?
- Which vertical markets will deliver the greatest opportunities?
- What types of data center services show the strongest demand? Is this expected to change?
- What is the current market concentration? How will this change by the end of the forecast period?
- How will this market develop in future?
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Key Findings
- Market Engineering Measurements
- CEO’s Perspective
2. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Research Scope
- Exchange Rates
- Market Overview
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
3. DRIVERS AND RESTRAINTS - DATA CENTER SERVICES MARKET
- Market Drivers
- Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Restraints Explained
4. FORECASTS AND TRENDS - DATA CENTER SERVICES MARKET
- Forecast Assumptions
- Revenue Forecast
- Revenue Forecast Discussion
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Service Type
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Service Type Discussion
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Country
- Percent Revenue Forecast Discussion - Argentina
- Percent Revenue Forecast Discussion - Brazil
- Percent Revenue Forecast Discussion - Chile
- Percent Revenue Forecast Discussion - Colombia
- Percent Revenue Forecast Discussion - Peru
- Percent Revenue Forecast Discussion - Mexico
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Vertical Market
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Vertical Market Discussion
5. MARKET SHARE AND COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS - DATA CENTER SERVICES MARKET
- Market Share
- Competitive Environment
- Competitive Factors and Assessment
- Brazil - Market Share
- Brazil - Competitive Environment
- Colombia - Market Share
- Colombia - Competitive Environment
- Mexico - Market Share
- Mexico - Competitive Environment
- Argentina - Market Share
- Argentina - Competitive Environment
- Chile - Market Share
- Chile - Competitive Environment
- Peru - Market Share
- Peru - Competitive Environment
6. GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES AND CALL TO ACTION
- Growth Opportunity - Digital Transformation
- Growth Opportunity - Managed Services
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
7. REVENUE FORECAST BY SERVICE
- Revenue Forecast - Storage
- Revenue Forecast - Disaster Recovery
- Revenue Forecast - Dedicated Hosting
- Revenue Forecast - Colocation
- Revenue Forecast by Service Type Discussion
- Market Stage by Service Type
8. REVENUE FORECAST BY COUNTRY
- Revenue Forecast - Argentina
- Revenue Forecast - Brazil
- Revenue Forecast - Chile
- Revenue Forecast - Colombia
- Revenue Forecast - Mexico
- Revenue Forecast - Peru
- Revenue Forecast by Country Discussion
9. EMERGING TRENDS
- Emerging Trends
10. THE LAST WORD
- The Last Word - Recommendations
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Engineering Methodology
- Other Companies
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Algar Tech
- America Movil
- British Telecom
- Dimension Data
- Grupo GTD
- Kio Networks
- Level 3
- Sonda IT
- Telecom Argentina
- Uol Diveo