Hyperscale cloud service providers have been key in driving the demand for data center services in Malaysia, with more of these vendors identifying Malaysia as a country with rapid cloud adoption. For instance, earlier in May 2017, Alibaba Cloud announced its plans to open its first data center in Kuala Lumpur, increasing the company’s footprint to a total of 15 data centers worldwide.
Additionally, the Malaysian Government has been actively promoting Iskandar, Johor Malaysia, as a data center hub. It is positioning it as an alternative location to Singapore for the hosting of data, for Singaporean companies and global Multi-national Corporations (MNCs) intending to expand into Southeast Asia.
In the same vein, the Malaysian Government has been embarking on numerous Smart City initiatives as a part of its Digital Transformation roadmap. A key tenet of these initiatives includes the need for data center modernization, as well as third-party outsourcing of edge data centers for latency-sensitive applications.
At the same time, data center modernization has emerged as a leading priority for many enterprises in Malaysia. With rising power costs in Malaysia, many enterprises are taking a keen interest in management capabilities that enable them to keep a tight rein on their data center power utilization.
How can data center operators in Malaysia capitalize on the above opportunities, to increase their revenue streams? At the same time, what are some other key growth opportunities that data center service providers can create to support end users in their data center modernization roadmaps, amid the increasingly competitive market participant landscape in Malaysia?
Key Issues Addressed:
- What is the addressable market opportunity for the Malaysian data center services market? What is the expected growth rate and what are the key drivers of growth of specific services areas?
- What are the significant developments in the data center space in Malaysia?
- What are the driving and restraining factors that will shape the future of the data center services market in Malaysia?
- What are the key customer adoption trends in the data center market in Malaysia? What drives sales in specific market segments?
- What is the current competitive landscape in Malaysia? Which are the key participants in the market and what are their market strategies? How is the competitive landscape expected to evolve in the future?
- Where are the growth opportunities and what are some actionable recommendations for service providers and vendors to capitalize on these opportunities?
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Key Findings
- Executive Summary - Market Engineering Measurements
- CEO’s Perspective
2. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Study Overview
- Market Definitions
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
3. DRIVERS AND RESTRAINTS - TOTAL DATA CENTER SERVICES MARKET
- Market Drivers
- Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Restraints Explained
4. FORECASTS AND TRENDS - TOTAL DATA CENTER SERVICES MARKET
- Data Center Landscape - By Region
- Data Center Services Market - Revenue Forecast
- Data Center Services Market - Revenue Forecast by Segment
- Revenue Forecast Discussion
5. MARKET SHARE AND COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS - TOTAL DATA CENTER SERVICES MARKET
- Market Share
- Competitive Environment
- Competitive Factors and Assessment
- Latest Data Center Investments
6. GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES AND COMPANIES TO ACTION
- Growth Opportunity 1 - Enhance the Product Portfolio
- Growth Opportunity 2 - Continuous Product Development
- Growth Opportunity 3 - Market Positioning
- Growth Opportunity 4 - Government’s Smart City Initiatives
- Growth Opportunity 5 - Supporting Enterprises in Their Data Center Modernization Roadmap
- Strategic Imperatives for Data Center Service Providers (DCSPs)
7. THE LAST WORD
- The Last Word - 3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Engineering Methodology
- Market Engineering Measurements