Xi’an is the capital of Shaanxi province and has jurisdiction over 10 districts. Capital city has strong footing over industries and is one of the largest industrial sectors in the province accounting for 41.6% to the overall GVA of the city. The city's economy is dominated by agricultural products processing, tourism, aviation, equipment manufacturing, and automobile industries.
“City Profile - Xi’an city” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Xi’an city. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service sectors remain the key contributors to the city’s economy - and the major employers.
- The strong economy the city is experiencing low unemployment rate of 3.3% and is projected to ease further in the next couple of years.
- Xi’an city is one of the key tourist destinations in China, for both domestic and international tourists. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the analyst
About the Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: Xi’an city - key facts (estimates), 2016
Table 2: Xi’an city - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Xi’an city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Xi’an city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Table 5: Xi’an city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Xi’an city - main universities, 2016
Table 7: Xi’an city - population comparison, 2000-25
Table 8: Xi’an city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 9: Xi’an city - mass transit network indicators, 2016
Table 10: Xi’an Xianyang International Airport - key airport indicators
Table 11: Xi’an city - Fortune 500 companies with main HQ in city, 2015
Table 12: Xi’an city - grade A office rents, Q4 2015
Table 13: Xi’an city - international arrivals by country of residence
Table 14: Xi’an city - UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Table 15: Xi’an city - MICE and Other Events
List of Figures
Figure 1: Xi’an city- real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Xi’an city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Xi’an city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Xi’an city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Xi’an city - population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Xi’an city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)