Nice is the capital of the Alpes Maritimes department and the fifth largest city in France. The economy of the area is mainly dominated by the tertiary sector with more than 86% contribution to the total GDP. Financial intermediation and real estate segments are the strongest amongst service sector.
“City Profile - Nice” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Nice. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer.
- Nice is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth in over the years. Leisure tourism stands a contributor to the tourism sector.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the analyst
About the Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: Nice metropolitan area - key facts (estimates), 2017
Table 2: Nice metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-2025
Table 3: Nice metropolitan area - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Nice metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Nice metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Nice metropolitan area - main universities, 2016
Table 7: Nice metropolitan area - population comparison (2000-2025) (million)
Table 8: Nice metropolitan area - Population by Age (2000-2025) (% of total)
Table 9: Nice metropolitan area- key airport indicators
Table 10: Nice city - office rents, Q4, 2016
Table 11: Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region - tourism statistics
Table 12: French Riviera - international arrivals by regions of residence, 2016
Table 13: Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region - hotel indicators, 2016
Table 14: Nice - MICE and other events, 2017
List of Figures
Figure 1: Nice metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Nice metropolitan area - economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Nice metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Nice metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Nice metropolitan area - population comparison (2000-2025)
Figure 6: Nice metropolitan area - Population by Age (2000-2025)