1. Introduction to mathematical modelling;
2. Model development for simple systems;
3. Model development for complex systems;
4. Analytical solutions of model equations;
5. Numerical solutions of model equations;
6. Modelling and simulation: case studies;
7. Discrimination of mathematical models;
8. Sensitivity analysis;
9. Optimization methods;
10. Simulation using MATLAB®/Scilab;
11. Model based control; References; Index.
M. Chidambaram received his Ph.D. from the Indian Institute of Science Bangalore in 1984. He has written five books and published 165 research papers in journals in the field of process control. He served as Director of the National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli during the period 2005–10. Having more than 25 years of teaching experience, he is presently working as a Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras. His areas of interest includes Instrumentation and process control, computer control of processes, process analysis and simulation. He previously published the book titled Relay Autotuning for Identification and Control (Cambridge, 2014).