This Aerospace and Defense TOE highlights innovations in electric aircraft, dexterous robots with enhanced vision systems, smart weapons, video displays for mine disposal vehicles, UAVs with a stable wing configuration, ultra micro antennas, and balloon catheters to treat wounded patients.
Aerospace and Defense TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) delves into the technologies and applications that shape both commercial and military aviation and space exploration, ranging from engine design to the latest avionics systems. The defense portion of the publication explores the many facets of 21st century military technologies, such as UAV improvements, and cutting edge battlefield medical treatment.
The Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (AMA) Cluster covers technologies that enable clean, lean and flexible manufacturing and industrial automation. Technologies such as three-dimensional (3D) and four-dimensional (4D) printing, wireless sensors and networks, information and communication technology, multimaterial joining, composites manufacturing, digital manufacturing, micro- and nano-manufacturing, lasers, advanced software, and printing techniques, are covered as part of this cluster. The technologies covered here impact a wide range of industries, such as the impact semiconductor, automotive and transportation, aerospace and defense, industrial, healthcare, logistics, and electronics industries.
Table of Contents
1. Recent Innovations in Aerospace and Defense
- Power Plant Extends Electric Aircraft Range
- Expanding the Sensing of Space Robots
- Better Testing of Smart Weapons
- Protecting Communication to UAVs and Robots
- Ruggedized Video Display for Mine Disposal Vehicles
- Jet-propelled UAV Takes Flight
- Miniaturized Antennas Could Lighten Soldiers’ Load
- Endovascular Balloon Buys Wounded Time
- Notable Initiatives
- Quotes and Notes
- Aerospace and Defense Patents
- Industry Contacts