Innovative Business Models like Waste-to-value and Nutrient Recovery Catalyse UK Sludge Bioresource Market
UK sludge retail services market will enable innovation in business models and encourage nutrient recovery from bioresource. The market revenue is estimated at £760 million with revenues from sludge treatment and transportation & sludge treatment equipment. This study includes the revenue forecast for 2020–2025 for two scenarios. Scenario 1 includes revenue contribution from sludge treatment center to be 70% while commercial and novel technology company would be 20% and 10% respectively. Scenario 2 includes revenue contribution from sludge treatment center to be 50% while commercial and novel technology company would be 30% and 20% respectively.
Sludge will be the next exciting market in the United Kingdom after the market opened to non-domestic water retail services in the year 2017. The market will introduce regulated trading of sludge, harnessing of energy and as well as nutrient recovery in the future. It is not only going to generate new stream of revenue but also bring in appealing new business models like co-digestion, waste-to-value in future. Based on Frost & Sullivan insights and research, it estimated that the market size of the UK sludge retail market in 2020 will be £760.0 million along with year on year revenue forecast till the year 2025. The study comprises of market forecast based on two different scenarios, as the market is expected to undergo significant changes after it opens in 2020. The study also highlights the background information about sewerage licensing in the UK. The study also underscores key drivers and restraints with its impact on the market during the forecast period i.e., 2020-2025.
The report consists of value chain analysis of sludge market in the UK. The competitive landscape trend is provided by listing the key stakeholders in the value chain who might potentially participate in the market in 2020.
The study also comprises of strategic imperatives and top predictions for the UK sludge retail market which includes predictions on the importance of new business models, megatrends etc., with information on key trends and opportunities.
Key Issues Addressed
- What is the landscape of the sludge retail services market in 2020?
- What are the drivers for growth of the UK sludge retail services market?
- How are the growth opportunities for various players in the value chain?
- What is the competitive landscape of the markets covered in the study?
- What are the megatrends in membrane systems market?
Table of Contents
- Key Findings
- CEO’s Perspective - UK Sludge Retail Market
- Market Definition - Key Objective and Geographic Scope
- UK Sludge Services Architecture
- UK Sludge Services Technology Overview
- UK Sludge Services - Nutrient Recovery Current Scenario
- Market Drivers
- Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Restraints Explained
- Forecast Assumptions
- Market Forecast - Scenario 1
- Market Forecast - Scenario 2
- Market Forecast - Sludge Treatment Equipment
- Forecast Discussion
- Case Study
- UK Sludge Retail Market - Value Chain Analysis
- Key Stakeholders in Value Chain
- Competitive Analysis of Top Sludge Companies
- Growth Opportunity 1 - Innovating-to-Zero Sludge
- Growth Opportunity 2 - Innovative Business Models
- Growth Opportunity 3 - Emerging Applications and Models
- Growth Opportunity 4 - Partnerships and Investments
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- The Last Word - 3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Exhibits