Turkish retail industry is expected to grow on the back of gradual recovery of GDP growth, rising employment, increasing wages, and rising household consumption expenditure. The CAGR for total retail during 2016-2021 is expected to be 9.9%. This will add TL379 Billion in sales by 2021.
Health & beauty sector is expected to witness the fastest growth over the next five years. The sector is forecast to register a double digit CAGR during 2016-2021 on the back of a rising aging population, the growing participation of women in the workforce, and increasing awareness of health and wellness benefits with total sales reaching TL44.2 Billion by 2021.
Drug stores and health and beauty stores is the largest channel for health & beauty sales. The channel registered sales of TL18.2 Billion in 2016 and accounted for a share of 71.8% of overall sales.
Gratis is the leading player in the sector, with a market share of 2.7%, followed by Watsons and Avon with shares of 2.2% and 2.1% respectively.
The report "Health & Beauty Retailing in Turkey, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Turkish retail environment.
In particular, this report provides the following:
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories).
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments.
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors.
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels.
- The health & beauty sector registered sales of TL25.4 billion in 2016 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 11.7% during 2016-2021 to reach TL44.2 billion by 2021.
- Despite low penetration, online is the fastest-growing channel for health & beauty sales, registering sales of TL112.6 million in 2016
- Gratis is the leading player in this sector, with a market share of 2.7%, followed by Watsons and Avon
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on health and beauty sector in the Turkish retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in health and beauty category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the health and beauty market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the health and beauty market