Turkish retail industry is expected to grow on the back of gradual recovery of GDP growth, rising employment, increasing wages, and rising household consumption expenditure. The CAGR for total retail during 2016-2021 is expected to be 9.9%. This will add TL379 Billion in sales by 2021.
Health & beauty sector is expected to witness the fastest growth over the next five years. The sector is forecast to register a double digit CAGR during 2016-2021 on the back of a rising aging population, the growing participation of women in the workforce, and increasing awareness of health and wellness benefits.
Food & grocery is the largest sector in the Turkish retail industry and contributed 62.4% to total retail sales in 2016. Sector sales are forecast to reach TL631.2 Billion by 2021. Changing Turks’ lifestyles, rapid urbanization, and preference towards shopping in organized retail outlets is fueling sector growth.
Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters is the largest and the second fastest-growing channel for food & grocery sales in Turkey. Online is the fastest-growing channel; however, it is still in its nascent stage with only one of the top 10 retailers (Carrefour) offering online sales. Food & grocery sector in the country is fragmented and dominated by local players.
The report "Food & grocery Retailing in Turkey, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Turkish retail environment.
In particular, this report provides the following:
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in food and grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in food and grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in food and grocery sector
- Food and grocery is the largest sector, accounting for 62.4% of the total Turkish retail industry in 2016
- Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard discounters is the largest and the second fastest-growing channel for food & grocery sales in Turkey.
- Online retail is expected to grow at a CAGR of 19.6% during the forecast period
- BIM is the leading player in this sector, with a market share of 4.7%, followed by Migros and A101
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Turkish retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Turkish retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share