Turkish retail industry is expected to grow on the back of gradual recovery of GDP growth, rising employment, increasing wages, and rising household consumption expenditure. The CAGR for total retail during 2016-2021 is expected to be 9.9%. This will add TL379 Billion in sales by 2021.
Health & beauty sector is expected to witness the fastest growth over the next five years. The sector is forecast to register a double digit CAGR during 2016-2021 on the back of a rising aging population, the growing participation of women in the workforce, and increasing awareness of health and wellness benefits.
Electricals sector registered sales of TL44.7 Billion in 2016. It grew at a CAGR of 10.5% during 2011-2016 and is forecast to reach TL67 Billion by 2021. The growth can be attributed to the high inflation levels in the country, which have resulted in a considerable rise in the unit prices of consumer electronics products and increased sales in value terms.
Electricals is the most highly penetrated sector online with 11.7% of all sales expected to go through the channel by 2021 (from 8.1% in 2016). Vatan is the leading retailer in the electricals sector with a market share of 10.4% in 2016, followed by Teknosa and Arçelik with market shares of 9.1% and 5.7% respectively.
The report "Electricals Retailing in Turkey, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Turkish retail environment.
In particular, this report provides the following:
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics.
- The report also details major retailers in electricals category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments.
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors.
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in electricals sector.
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in electricals sector.
- The electricals sector registered sales of TL44.7 billion in 2016 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 8.4% during 2016-2021, to reach TL67.0 billion by 2021.
- Specialist retailers still hold a significant share of the market contributing more than70.5% to the total Electricals Sales.
- Online channel registered sales of TL3.6 billion in 2016 and is forecast to grow at a healthy CAGR of 16.8% during 2016-2021
- Vatan is the leading retailer in the electricals sector with a market share of 10.4% in 2016, followed by Teknosa and Arçelik
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on electricals sector in the Turkish retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in electricals category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the Electricals Sector
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the electricals market