Turkish retail industry is expected to grow on the back of gradual recovery of GDP growth, rising employment, increasing wages, and rising household consumption expenditure. The CAGR for total retail during 2016-2021 is expected to be 9.9%. This will add TL379 Billion in sales by 2021.
Health & beauty sector is expected to witness the fastest growth over the next five years. The sector is forecast to register a CAGR of 11.7% during 2016-2021 on the back of a rising aging population, the growing participation of women in the workforce, and increasing awareness of health and wellness benefits.
Clothing & footwear sector is the second largest in the Turkish retail industry and contributed 13.5% to total retail sales in 2016. Sector sales are expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.1% during 2016-2021 to reach TL136.4 Billion by 2021.
Growth in sector sales can be attributed to economic recovery in terms of rising employment, and improved household income levels, which will encourage more discretionary spending on clothing & footwear products.
Local retailer LC Waikiki leads the market with a share of 8.4% in 2016. The major clothing & footwear retailers in the country are expanding their reach by opening new stores and increasing focus on online sales in a bid to tap the growing demand for the online channel.
The report "Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Turkey, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Turkish retail environment.
In particular, this report provides the following:
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics.
- The report also details major retailers in clothing and footwear category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments.
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors.
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in clothing and footwear sector.
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in clothing and footwear sector.
- Clothing & footwear sector sales stood at TL84.2 billion in 2016 and are forecast to grow at a healthy CAGR of 10.1% during 2016-2021, reaching TL136.4 billion by 2021.
- Clothing, footwear and accessories specialists is the largest channel for clothing & footwear sales in Turkey.
- Specialists stores lose their shares to online pureplay
- Online is the fastest-growing channel for clothing & footwear sales in the country
- LC Waikiki is the market leader
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in the Turkish retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men’s footwear, women’s footwear and children’s footwear in the market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market