Turkish retail industry is expected to grow on the back of gradual recovery of GDP growth, rising employment, increasing wages, and rising household consumption expenditure. The CAGR for total retail during 2016-2021 is expected to be 9.9%. This will add TL379 Billion in sales by 2021.
Health & beauty sector is expected to witness the fastest growth over the next five years. The sector is forecast to register a double digit CAGR during 2016-2021 on the back of a rising aging population, the growing participation of women in the workforce, and increasing awareness of health and wellness benefits.
Clothing & footwear sector is the second largest in the Turkish retail industry and contributed 13.5% to total retail sales in 2016. Although it accounts for only a minimal share in the overall retail sales, Online is the fastest-growing channel. It is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 18.6% during 2016-2021.
Food & grocery is the largest sector in the Turkish retail industry and contributed 62.4% to total retail sales in 2016. Sector sales are forecast to reach TL631.2 Billion by 2021. Changing Turks’ lifestyles, rapid urbanization, and preference towards shopping in organized retail outlets is fueling sector growth.
Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters are the largest and the second fastest-growing channel for food & grocery sales in Turkey. Online is the fastest-growing channel; however, it is still in its nascent stage with only one of the top 10 retailers (Carrefour) offering online sales.
The report "Retailing in Turkey, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Turkey retail environment.
In depth, this report provides the following:
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories).
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments.
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors.
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods.
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels.
- Turkey retail sector is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 9.9% between 2016 and 2021 to reach TL 1,011.2bn, increasing by TL379.2bn.
- Online retail sales in the country have recorded strong growth at a CAGR of 23.5% between 2011-2016 and reached TL9.4 billion in 2016.
- The major clothing & footwear retailers in the country are expanding their reach in the market by opening new stores
- Food and grocery is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 10.2% during 2016-2021, from TL388.3 billion in 2016 to Tl631.2 billion by 2021.
- High-end electronics such as high resolution televisions with smart features and smart phones is forecast to drive the Electricals sector growth
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Turkeyn retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
The State of the Nation
The State of Retail
Clothing & Footwear
Food & Grocery
Health & Beauty