"Cigarettes in Egypt, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Egyptian market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The Egyptian cigarette market had, until recently, been experiencing strong growth, assisted by a policy of price maintenance, a relatively buoyant economy, and population expansion. However, between 2011 and 2012 the market suffered falls in volumes, with tax-led price increases a major factor forcing many to opt for non-duty paid sales, which had not been a problem previously. Contraband has grown in the last few years to become a major problem. The Eastern Company is the only domestic manufacturer of cigarettes, enjoying a virtual monopoly over sales with its own range and foreign brands.
- Filter-tipped cigarettes dominate the market, accounting for virtually 100% of sales, these being mostly local or American blend lines.
- The Eastern Company is the only domestic manufacturer of cigarettes, enjoying a virtual monopoly over sales with its own range and foreign brands, yet its profile is weakening in the face of imports.
- Smoking remains popular despite escalating prices. Increasing numbers of women and younger people are taking up the habit.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Duty Paid Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Duty Paid & Non-Duty Paid Markets, 2010-2012, Million Pieces
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 4: Market Breakdown, Local & Foreign Cigarettes, 2010/11 & 2011/12
Table 5: Cigarette Sales by Size, 2000-2008, % of Total
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 7: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2016, % of Total
Table 8: General Sales Tax Rates, January 2010
Table 9: General Sales Tax Rates, August 2017
Table 10: Retail Prices of Selected Brands from Eastern Company, 1996-2008, E£/Pack
Table 11: Retail Prices of Selected Brands from Eastern Company, 2011, E£/Pack
Table 12: Retail Prices of Selected Brands from Eastern Company, 2012 - 2016, E£/Pack
Table 13: Smoking population,1990-2016
Table 14: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016, Million Pieces
Table 15: Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2016
Table 16: Imports by Country of Origin, 2003-2016, Million Pieces
Table 17: Imports by Country of Origin, 2003-2016, % of Total
Table 18: Cigarette Exports, 1990-2016
Table 19: Exports by Country of Destination, 2009-2016, Million Pieces
Table 20: Company profile: Eastern Company SAE
Table 21: Consumption Forecasts, Million pieces, 2016-2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology