The research suggests a total of 210 Solar PV deals have been signed globally from January, 2017 to October, 2017 amounting to total of 12 GW. In terms of cumulative capacity, Vietnam (2,370 MW), Mexico (2,120 MW) and the US (1,295 MW) has acquired the top three positions, while Brazil, China, the US and Chile secured the top positions in number of deals signed with 27, 23, 23 and 22 respectively. An interesting trend is noticed in number of deals and the total capacity. Chile has 15 announced deals, highest of the lot with a cumulative capacity of around 148 MW, while Iran has only one announced project with a capacity of 600 MW. Mexico has the highest projects under construction at 7 with a cumulative capacity of 2,120 MW.
Brazil has 18 projects in permitting phase, the highest with a capacity of 635 MW while Vietnam has 2,370 MW in the permitting phase through 4 deals. The decision of Dak Lak Spring Company Limited of Vietnam to invest in 2,000 MW ground mounted solar power plant makes it the most expensive deal of the year at $ 2.2 billion, while Energia Solar SPE SA has signed maximum of 6 project acquisition deals.
On the other hand, two deals of Innovative Solar Systems LLC, selling its solar power plants of 1,040 MW in the US makes it the highest seller in terms of cumulative capacity while Canadian Solar turned out to be the highest seller in terms of number of deals in Australia, Brazil and the US. Continent wise, Asia ranks highest in both number of solar deals struck and deal capacity in YTD - 2017, with 66 deals or 32% of total deals amounting to around 4.3 GW or 36% of total capacity added. This is followed by South America with 51 deals (24%) amounting to nearly 2 GW (12%) capacity. North America takes the third position with 31deals (15%) but amounting to 3.4 GW (28%) of the capacity added.
- The report contains a detailed analysis of all Solar PV deals entered into across the globe between January, 2017 to October, 2017.
- Solar deals have been broadly categorized into number of deals and deal capacity at a global level and across leading countries, for top buyers and sellers.
- The report further categorizes deals as per project status in terms of number of deals and deal capacity.
- Lastly, top continents as per number of Solar PV deals and deal capacity have also been discussed in a nut-shell.
- To gain detailed insight of the Solar PV deals across the globe during YTD-2017 and their categorization in terms of number, deal capacity in global level, country wise ranking , and highest buyers and sellers and project status.
2 Solar PV Asset Transaction Analysis - 2017
2.1 Solar Deal Status in Brief
List of Figures
Figure 1: Power Market, Global, Total Deals (Solar PV), January 2017- October 2017
Figure 2: Power Market, Total Solar Deal Capacity (GW), January 2017- October 2017
Figure 3: Power Market, Global, Top Countries by Solar Deals, January 2017- October 2017
Figure 4: Power Market, Global, Top Countries by Solar Deal Capacity (MW), January 2017- October 2017
Figure 5: Power Market, Global, Solar Deals categorised by Project Status, January 2017- October 2017
Figure 6: Power Market, Global, Solar Deal Capacity (MW) categorised by Project Status, January 2017- October 2017
Figure 7: Power Market, Global, Top Buyers by Deals, January 2017- October 2017
Figure 8: Power Market, Global, Top Buyers by Capacity (MW), January 2017- October 2017
Figure 9: Power Market, Global, Top Sellers by Deals, January 2017- October 2017
Figure 10: Power Market, Global, Top Sellers by Capacity (MW), January 2017- October 2017