Objectives of the Presentation
During the webinar attendees will gain an understanding of how to prepare an Internal Audit to conduct a GRC audit.
Why Should you Attend?
Good corporate governance today dictates that businesses should understand their major risks and put in place appropriate controls to manage them effectively so the business is more likely to archive its objectives. Theory is fine-but what if your business does not have a formal risk management process? What if the process exists in name only and the board and management team pay lip service to it? What if the business risk management process is ineffective or incomplete? What if the audit committee does not understand its critical role opposite business risk and is not discharging its responsibilities? How can the internal auditors and risk managers support the introduction of an effective ERM process and ensure that it is continuously improved?
- Corporate Governance in Practice
- Audit Committee Best Practice
- Defining Strategic Management
- Internal Analysis
- The five-stage process
- Auditing Corporate Risk
Mr Richard Cascarino,
Richard Cascarino & Associates Africa and USA
Richard E. Cascarino, MBA, CIA, CISM, CFE, CRMA Well known in international auditing, Richard is a principal of Richard Cascarino & Associates based in Colorado, USA and Johannesburg, South Africa with over 32 years experience in audit training and consultancy.
He is a regular speaker to National and International conferences and has presented courses throughout Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the USA.
Richard is a Past President of the Institute of Internal Auditors in South Africa, was the founding Regional Director of the Southern African Region of the IIA-Inc and is a member of ISACA, and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, where he is a member of the Board of Regents for Higher Education.
Richard was Chairman of the Audit Committee of Gauteng cluster 2 (Premier's office, Shared Services and Health) in Johannesburg and is currently the Chairman of the Audit and Risk Committee of the Department of Public Enterprises in South Africa.
He is also a visiting Lecturer at the University of the Witwatersrand, author of the book Internal Auditing - an Integrated Approach, published by Juta Publishing and now in its 3rd edition. This book is extensively used as a university textbook worldwide. In addition, he is the author of the "Auditor's Guide to IT Auditing" published by Wiley Publishing, now in its 2nd edition and the book "Corporate Fraud and Internal Control: A Framework for Prevention", also Wiley Publishing. He is also a contributor to all 4 editions of QFINANCE, the UItimate Resource, published by Bloomsbury and is the author of "Data Analytics for Internal Auditors" published in 2017 by Auerbach.
- Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) staff
- CFO, Treasurers
- Chief Risk Officers, Chief Legal Counsel,Chief Compliance Officer
- VPs of Risk Management, VP of Finance, Controllers
- Director, Internal audit
- Director, Operational Risk
- Manager, Enterprise Risk Management
- Risk analysts
- IT governance directors/managers
- IT risk directors/managers
- IT compliance directors/managers
- IT Audit directors/managers
- Information security directors/managers
- GRC and IT directors/Consultants involved in following areas- Audit, Compliance, Governance, Risk management, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), Ethics, Regulatory, Legal, Governmental affairs, IT, Accounting, Finance, Reliability, Quality assurance