Objectives of the Presentation
The following are some key learning objectives for this webinar: - For the participants to understand how the final rule affects them
- To explain why EPA promulgated this role at this time
- To address the benefits of these revisions to the generator requirements
- To explain how and why the hazardous-waste generator regulations will be organized
- To address when the rule will become effective; and explain whether or not states must adopt this rule
- To make participants aware of the biennial reporting requirements so that they may be prepared
Why Should you Attend?
You should attend this webinar if your facility is in any way connected with the generation, treatment, storage, disposal or transport of hazardous waste. If your facility generates hazardous waste you should be very familiar with the existing rule and what it takes to maintain compliance. This webinar will present information on the changes to the rule; and how your facility will be affected.
The following areas will be covered during this webinar: - The background of the resource conservation and recovery act
- Issues surrounding the 1980 Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Provisions to increase flexibility for generators of hazardous waste
- Improvements to environmental protection
- Provisions to improve generator compliance
- Concerns expressed concerning the 1980 act by those implementing the act
- Reorganization of the hazardous waste generator regulations
- Biennial reporting requirements
Dr Vince Marchesani,
President and CEO ,
Environmental, Health and Safety International LLC
Dr. Vince Marchesani is the President and CEO of Environmental, Health and Safety International LLC. Vince Marchesani has held the position of VP, Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) at Basell (retired). He has 30+ years of profound experience in chemical industry and has worked for 11 years in government writing environmental regulations. His educational qualifications include BS and MS degrees from Drexel University and PhD degree from Rutgers University.
Dr. Marchesani holds 5 copyrights in the area of EHS management. Dr. Marchesani apart from developing EHS performance improvement and crisis management systems has also published numerous papers on EHS topics and co-authored book on air pollution management. Of late he has published a book titled, "The Fundamentals of Crisis Management."
Being a multi-talented professional Vince Marchesani has chaired numerous committees at the American Chemistry Council, and the Society for Plastic Industries in Washington DC and has been instrumental in the design and implementation of EHS governance, management and leadership systems.