Objectives of the Presentation
- Governance and an overall management approach to IT risk
- Governance and risk management and effective processes
- Risk management and identifying, analyzing and responding
- Compliance and knowing which standards and regulations are key to your organization
Why Should you Attend?
An organization that does not have a good framework to manage and monitor compliance with a range of IT regulations and standards can find themselves facing fines, loss of certifications, and worse. Organizations face more and more compliance challenges every year, and 2018 is no different.
As the dependency of business operations on IT increases, as well as a demand for security of data, there are additional complexities, exposing organizations to additional risks and threats. What's more, undefined vulnerabilities can have an immediate effect on the continuity of the organization.
This webinar will cover governance and an overall management approach to IT risk, while updating attendees on compliance and knowing which standards and regulations are key to your organization.
- Adopting a systematic approach to risk tracking to enhance the effectiveness of the cyber incident program
- Outlining the critical actions to take if an event affects the company or its partners
- Understanding an organizations’ susceptibility to a cyber attack
- Cyber incident response: Getting started, research, training, testing and maintaining
- Standards and best practices: ISO 27001, ISO 27035, ISO 27005. NIST, FFIEC, HIPPA and HITRUST
Dr Michael C. Redmond,
CEO and Lead Consultant ,
Dr. Michael C. Redmond helps organizations create great Cyber Incident Response Programs. Her vast background includes consulting as a Sr. Manager for both Deloitte and KPMG for 7 ½ years, and 9 years with Redmond Worldwide She has developed, documented and trained in this area for years. Dr. Redmond is aware of many of the most recent incidents and why some of their plans did not work.
Dr. Redmond has a strong Compliance background. She is up to date on ISO 27001, HIPPA, CMS, FFIEC and more. She was an Adjunct Professor for New York University and John Jay Master's Program in Continuity of Business after an Event.
As a Cyber Security Subject Matter Expert, advisor, and consultant for Cyber Security projects, she has improved the Incident Management process by:
- Defining the business requirements for a regulatory reporting function in a Cyber and in the Industry environment
- Designing full training program as well as table top and simulation testing. Executing an Incident Drill using the Plans and Playbooks and ensuring that the procedures are executed, finalized and
- Developing Cyber Security Incident Response plans
- Developing full Breach Incident Response Plan that ties in with the Enterprise Risk Management, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity programs.
- Identifying gaps and closing those gaps
- Meeting best practices, including NIST (National Institute Standards and Technology), ISO 27001, Cobit 4.1 and 5 in planning, testing and documenting.
- Reviewing the current policy and procedures
Dr. Redmond is an author, an International Speaker and Trainer. She spoke in Nigeria and was endorsed by Gen Yakubu Gowon, Past Head of State. She served as the attaché to Chile for a special Speaking and Training project at the request of the President of Chile. Ms. Redmond trained Agencies for the New York City Department of Health and Mental Health on Continuity of Operations Training. She recently spoke in Angola and trained over 50 corporations.
- CEOs, Board Members, and Audit or Corporate Governance Committee Members
- CFOs, Controllers, and Accounting Professionals
- CIOs, CFO, CIO, CSO, CTOs and IT Professionals
- Chief Compliance Officers (CCOs), Chief Risk Officers (CROs)
- Legal Counsel, Human Resources and Public Relations
- Internal and External Auditors
- Senior Risk Management and Operational Risk Officers
- Consultants and Risk, Compliance and Governance Advisors
- Compliance Specialists
- Compliance, Risk Management and Governance Product Vendors
- Quality Assurance Managers
- Technology Managers
- Information Security Managers
- Any line manager or employee responsible for developing and deploying governance and compliance programs