Knowledge Discovery also includes the evaluation of patterns and identification of which add to knowledge. Information retrieval (IR) is concerned with gathering relevant information from unstructured and semantically fuzzy data in texts and other media, searching for information within documents and for metadata about documents, as well as searching relational databases and the Web. Automation of information retrieval enables the reduction of what has been called "information overload". Information retrieval can be combined with knowledge discovery to create software tools that empower users of decision support systems to better understand and use the knowledge underlying large data sets.
*Please note this price is for a non-speaker registration.
*Events may be cancelled due to commercial or organisational reasons. In this case Research and Markets will refund all registration fees which have already been paid. Research and Markets will not refund any charges arising from the participant having to cancel or re-book transportation or accommodation which he or she has arranged.
BioInformatics & Pattern Discovery
- Foundations of Knowledge Discovery in Databases
- Information Extraction
- Interactive and Online Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Mining Multimedia Data
- Mining Text and Semi-structured Data
- Pre-processing and Post-processing for Data Mining
- Process Mining
- Software Development
- structured Data Analysis and Statistical Methods
- Business Intelligence Applications
- User Profiling and Recommender Systems
- Visual Data Mining and Data Visualization
- Web Mining
- Clustering and Classification Methods
- Collaborative Filtering
- Concept Mining
- Context Discovery
- Data Analytics
- Data Mining in Electronic Commerce
- Data Reduction and Quality Assessment
Venue to be announced shortly.