Market Line’s Strategy, Performance and Risk Analysis Industry reports provide a comprehensive market view including sections on: risk and reward, key industry trends and drivers, industry SWOT analysis, industry benchmarking to compare key performance indicators with regional and global markets, competitive landscape, industry innovation, deals and key developments.
In Egypt, the civil aviation ministry is in charge of all the matters pertaining to civil aviation. The government announced the launch of the airport city initiative, under which an airport will be built in Cairo. Egypt's nominal GDP declined by at an annual growth rate of -15.6%, from US$315 billion in 2015 to US$266 billion in 2016 due to currency devaluation and a fall in fuel prices. Despite its proximity to the European market, Egypt lags behind Saudi Arabia in terms of economic growth and performance.
Rising disposable income to drive traffic
In Egypt, passenger volume recorded a rate of 11.7%, from 11.1 million in 2015 to 12.4 million in 2016 and is expected to post a CAGR of 5.9%, from 13.1 million in 2017 to 16.5 million in 2021. Growth will primarily be attributed to an increase in the volume of international and domestic tourists due to graeter levels of disposable income.
Decline in capital expenditure on single-aisle aircraft to decline
Capital expenditure on aircraft rose from US$160 million in 2015 to US$372.4 million in 2016. However, due to a decline in capital expenditure on single-aisle aircraft, expenditure is expected to decline at a CAGR of -3.9%, from US$385 million in 2017 to US$325 million in 2021.
Deliveries to increase over the forecast period
The total number of deliveries rose from one in 2015 to two in 2016. Deliveries will post a CAGR of 18.9%, from two deliveries in 2017 to four in 2021. Growth will be supported by the procurement of wide-bodied aircraft due to an increased in passenger demand.
- Risk & Reward Index - The Risk & Reward index compares the position of the Egypt’s Civil Aerospace with that of other countries in the region in terms of specific risk and reward parameters.
- Industry Snapshot and Industry View - Key civil aerospace industry statistics includes deliveries, active fleet size and maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) expenditure, key industry segments and the trends driving market performance in the Egyptian Civil Aerospace market.
- Industry SWOT Analysis - Discover the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats impacting market performance and investment in the Egyptian Civil Aerospace market.
- Industry Benchmarking - Benchmark how the Egyptian Civil Aerospace industry market is performing compared to regional and global markets in terms of fleet size, deliveries, MRO expenditure, aircraft and helicopter capital expenditure, air passengers, fleet age and air freight.
- Competitive Landscape - Overview of relevant players in the Egyptian Civil Aerospace industry such as manufacturers, and airline operators, with each player in the relevant category compared with its peers in terms of relevant industry indicators.
- How is the market performing in terms of: indicators such as air passengers, air freight, deliveries of narrow and wide body aircraft, capital expenditure on single aisle, twin aisle, regional, business jets and cargo aircraft, fleet age, capital expenditure on helicopter, MRO expenditure and billing?
- How risky is it to invest in the Egyptian Civil Aerospace industry compared to other countries in Middle East and Africa?
- What is driving the performance of key industry segments such as deliveries, fleet size and MRO expenditure?
- Who are the leading players in the Egyptian Civil Aerospace industry and their overview and product portfolio?
- What trends are being witnessed within the Egyptian Civil Aerospace industry?
- What is the Egyptian Civil Aerospace industry’s Strengths and Weaknesses and what Opportunities and Threats does it face?
- What are the recent developments and innovations in the Egyptian Civil Aerospace industry?