Market Line’s Strategy, Performance and Risk Analysis Industry reports provide a comprehensive market view including sections on: risk and reward, key industry trends and drivers, industry SWOT analysis, industry benchmarking to compare key performance indicators with regional and global markets, competitive landscape, industry innovation, deals and key developments.
Switzerland is one of the world’s most competitive economies and ranks highly in terms of country attractiveness across Western Europe. A stable economy supported by proactive governance, economic policies, business environment, and availability of funding supports investments. Corruption is almost non-existent in Switzerland and the country ranked high in Transparency International's Corruption Perceptions Index for 2016. The government of Switzerland has constituted the sectoral aviation infrastructure plan (SAIP). As a part of this plan, the government has laid out a blueprint for the investment, planning and construction of new airports and the expansion of existing airports and this will benefit the civil aerospace industry.
Opening of new routes to drive the number of air passengers
In Switzerland, the number of air passengers declined 4.3%, from 27 million in 2015 to 25.9 million in 2016 due to cancellation of flights on some routes from Switzerland because of increased terror threats in Turkey. However, due to the commencement of operations on new routes from Switzerland such as routes from Geneva to Ireland, Spain, and Portugal, the number of air passengers in Switzerland is expected to increase at a 0.7% CAGR, from 27.3 million in 2017 to 28.1 million in 2021.
Increasing import and export volume to drive freight increase
The export volume in Switzerland increased at a 6.0% CAGR in 2016 compared to 2015 and the import volume registered an increase of 6.2% in 2016. Total freight volume increased at an 8.8% CAGR, from 1,409.3 million ton-km in 2015 to 1,532.8 million-ton km in 2016 and is expected to increase at a 1.9% CAGR, from 1,543.8 million in 2017 to 1,666 million in 2021.
Active fleet sizze increased
The active fleet size increased at a 21.6% CAGR, from 111 aircraft in 2015 to 135 aircraft in 2016 and is expected to increase at an 8.3% CAGR, from 138 aircraft in 2017 to 190 aircraft in 2021
- Risk & Reward Index - The Risk & Reward index compares the position of the Swiss Civil Aerospace industry with other countries in the region in terms of specific risk and reward parameters.
- Industry Snapshot and Industry View - Key civil aerospace industry statistics includes deliveries, active fleet size and Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) expenditure, key industry segments and the trends driving market performance in the Swiss civil aerospace market.
- Industry SWOT Analysis - Discover the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats impacting market performance and investment in the Swiss civil aerospace market.
- Industry Benchmarking - Benchmark how the Swiss civil aerospace industry market is performing compared to regional and global markets in terms of fleet size, deliveries, MRO expenditure, aircraft and helicopter capital expenditure, air passengers, fleet age and air freight.
- Competitive Landscape - Overview of relevant players in the Swiss civil aerospace industry such as manufacturers, and airline operators, with each player in the relevant category compared with its peers in terms of relevant industry indicators.
- How is the market performing in terms of: indicators such as air passengers, air freight, deliveries of narrow and wide body aircraft, capital expenditure on single aisle, twin aisle, regional, business jets and cargo aircraft, fleet age, capital expenditure on helicopter, MRO expenditure and billing?
- How risky is it to invest in the Swiss civil aerospace industry compared to other countries in Europe?
- What is driving the performance of key industry segments such as deliveries, fleet size and MRO expenditure?
- Who are the leading players in the Swiss civil aerospace industry and their overview and product portfolio?
- What trends are being witnessed within the Swiss civil aerospace industry?
- What are the Swiss civil aerospace industry’s Strengths and Weaknesses and what Opportunities and Threats does it face?
- What are the recent developments and innovations in the Swiss civil aerospace industry?