The United States of America Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q3-2017 vs Q3-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2017 vs Q3-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- Many core categories were weighed down by sluggish traffic in retail channels, slowing food service sales growth, cooler weather conditions, and disruption from the newly implemented sugar tax in a number of US cities
- Sports drinks, iced/RTD tea drinks, nectars and energy drinks performed significantly worse than expected
- Meanwhile, flavored and enhanced water, iced/RTD coffee drinks, and plant based dairy alternatives sustained rates or experienced exceptional growth and continue to be key areas of innovation
- There is ongoing activity in M&A among large brand owners, particularly in the craft beer, coffee, premium juice, and plant dairy categories
- The implementation of sugar taxes has meant policy risks remain high. Pro-dairy groups lobby to reclassify nut based milks as something other than, “milk”. Moreover, the federal government updated its timeline for implementing new food labels regarding added sugars
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the United States of America beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in United States of America to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry ‘hot topic’ offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
2 Impact Of The Economic Situation
4 Market Drivers
5 Market Trends
5.1 Soft Drinks
5.1.1 Packaged Water
5.1.2 Bulk/HOD Water
5.1.4 Enhanced Water
5.1.5 Flavored Water
5.1.8 Still Drinks
5.1.10 Fruit Powders
5.1.11 Iced/RTD Tea Drinks
5.1.12 Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks
5.1.13 Sports Drinks
5.1.14 Energy Drinks
5.2 Alcoholic Drinks
5.3 Dairy Drinks
5.4 Hot Beverages
6 Data Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: United States of America at a Glance - Quarterly Performance and Latest Forecast
Table 2: Impact Of The Economic Situation
Table 3: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F
Table 4: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F
Table 5: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F
Table 6: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F
Table 7: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F
Table 8: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F