The report titled "India Bath and Shower Market Overview, 2017-2022" provides a comprehensive analysis of the bath and shower market in India. The report offers a complete guide to the size and share of the market at a national level. Along with historic data, it also provides the latest sales data - thus allowing you to identify the market segments driving growth. The report also identifies leading companies and brands, along with examining competition among them. Forecasts through four years demonstrate how the market is set to change in coming years. Comprehensive and iterative research methodology focused on minimizing errors is employed in order to provide the most accurate estimates and forecast possible. Additionally, the report includes a brief outlook on global bath and shower market.
India Bath and Shower Market Overview, 2017-2022
India bath and shower market is divided into two major segments, bar soaps and body wash & shower gel. Bar soap is a matured market in India whereas body wash & shower gel segment is expected to grow with a CAGR of more than 15% over next four years. Increasing income of people, rapid growth in urbanization, budding middle class population, rise in awareness and the availability of specialized bathing products (for men, women, infants, kids) have been some of the major growth drivers for the market. Categorizing bar soap as a necessity product, tax for bar soaps under GST has also been brought down to 18% from prevailing rate of 24%. Among all the types of bar soaps, standard beauty soaps generate majority of the revenues whereas herbal & health soaps are rapidly growing due to consumer's shifting preference towards natural products. HUL dominates the bath and shower market, followed by players such as ITC, Godrej, Wipro, Patanjali and RB. Dettol, Lifebouy, Cinthol, Dove, Patanjali, Santoor, Lux, Liril, Vivel and Pears are the well-known brands in bar soap whereas Lux, Cinthol, Palmolive, Pears, Nivea and Fiama Di Wills are popular for body washes and shower gels.
Major Companies operating in the bath and shower market of India are ITC Limited, Hindustan Unilever Limited, Wipro Consumer Care Limited, Godrej Consumer Products Limited and Reckitt Benckiser (India) Private Limited.
Considered for the Report:
- Geography: India
- Base Year: FY 2016-17
- Estimated Year: FY 2017-18
- Forecast Year: FY 2021-22
Objective of the study:
- To present a global and Indian overview on bath and shower industry.
- To analyze and forecast the market size of India Bath and Shower, in terms of value as well as volume.
- To define, classify and forecast bath and shower market on the basis of segments like bar soap and body wash & shower gel.
- To further define and forecast India Bar Soap Market on the basis of product type (Standard Beauty Soap, Herbal & Health Soap, Deo Soap and Baby Soap), category (Mass/ Popular Soap and Premium Soap), price range and type of fragrance.
- To define and forecast India Body Wash & Shower Gel Market on the basis of price range and tier cities.
- To strategically profile leading players, which are operating in the bath and shower industry of India.
Approach for the Report:
Primary as well as secondary research was performed for this study. Initially, a list of manufacturers and suppliers operating in the bath and shower market of India were sourced through secondary sources. With the identified companies and consumers, primary research was carried out which included conducting online surveys, competitor analysis and exhaustive personal interviews - both face to face as well as telephonic basis, to extract maximum information from participants like industry executives/ distributors or consumers. Primary research gave us an idea of company revenues, export, pricing, geographical presence, channel partner model, USP etc. and also helped us to identify various small players who otherwise have less presence on the web.
Secondary data from third-party sources such as published articles, company websites, magazine articles, associations, trade journals, annual reports, government official websites and other paid database sources were used for this research. In addition, data is also mined from a host of reports in our repository, as well as a number of paid databases of Indian government. Using both primary and secondary information, the market size is calculated through bottom-up approach, where manufacturers’ value sales data for bar soaps, body wash and shower gel were recorded and subsequently forecasted for the future years.
Scope of the Report:
“India Bath and Shower Market Overview, 2017-2022'” discusses the following aspects of bath and shower market in India:
- Global Bath and Shower Market Outlook
- India Bath and Shower Market Outlook
- India Bath and Shower Market Size By Value & Forecast
- India Bath and Shower Market Size By Volume & Forecast
- India Bath and Shower Market Segmental Analysis: By Company, By Brand, By Segment
- India Bar Soap Market Size By Value & Forecast
- India Bar Soap Market Size By Volume & Forecast
- India Bar Soap Market Segmental Analysis: By Category, By Product Type, By Price Range, By Type of Fragrance
- India Mass/ Popular Soap Market Size By Value & Forecast
- India Premium Soap Market Size By Value & Forecast
- India Standard Beauty Soap Market Size By Value & Forecast
- India Herbal & Health Soap Market Size By Value & Forecast
- India Deo Soap Market Size By Value & Forecast
- India Baby Soap Market Size By Value & Forecast
- India Body Wash & Shower Gel Market Size By Value & Forecast
- India Body Wash & Shower Gel Market Size By Volume & Forecast
- India Body Wash & Shower Gel Market Segmental Analysis: By Company, By Brand, By Price Range, By Tier
- Key vendors in this market space
This report can be useful to Industry consultants, manufacturers, suppliers, associations & organizations related to bath and shower industry, government bodies and other stakeholders to align their market-centric strategies. In addition to marketing & presentations, it will also increase competitive knowledge about the industry.
1. Executive Summary
2. Global Bath and Shower Market Outlook
3. India Bath and Shower Market Outlook
3.1. Market Size By Value
3.2. Market Size By Volume
3.3. Market Share
3.3.1. By Company
3.3.2. By Brand
3.3.3. By Segment
4. India Bar Soap Market Outlook
4.1. Market Size By Value
4.2. Market Size By Volume
4.3. Market Share
4.3.1. By Category
4.3.2. By Product Type
4.3.3. By Price Range
4.3.4. By Type of Fragrance
4.4. India Mass/ Popular Soap Market Outlook
4.5. India Premium Soap Market Outlook
4.6. India Standard Beauty Soap Market Outlook
4.7. India Herbal & Health Soap Market Outlook
4.8. India Deo Soap Market Outlook
4.9. India Baby Soap Market Outlook
5. India Body Wash & Shower Gel Market Outlook
5.1. Market Size By Value
5.2. Market Size By Volume
5.3. Market Share
5.3.1. By Company
5.3.2. By Brand
5.3.3. By Price Range
5.3.4. By Tier
6. Company Profiles
6.1. ITC Limited
6.2. Hindustan Unilever Limited
6.3. Wipro Consumer Care Limited
6.4. Godrej Consumer Products Limited
6.5. Reckitt Benckiser (India) Private Limited