Storage is the backbone of your IT infrastructure. Make sure yours is capable of supporting your organization’s evolving needs.
This research is designed for:
- Enterprises seeking to select a solution for mid-range disk-based, hybrid storage, and all-flash arrays
- Enterprises with storage use cases that include data analytics and hyperconverged infrastructure alternatives
This research will help you:
- Understand what’s new in the mid-range storage market.
- Evaluate mid-range vendors and products for your enterprise needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for particular use cases and scenarios.
Included in this Vendor Landscape:
- Dell Technologies. A combined entity made up of Dell and EMC, Dell Technologies is the market share leader of the enterprise storage space.
- HDS. HDS has built a significant market share by delivering higher end storage solutions to those looking for robust storage virtualization.
- HPE. A consistent leader in the storage space, HPE offers enterprise solutions suitable to a variety of use cases.
- IBM. With a long history in the enterprise storage space and a consistent presence amongst the leaders, IBM continues to deliver tried and true storage solutions from a reliable and experienced vendor.
- NetApp. The acquisition of SolidFire propels NetApp’s presence in the rapidly growing flash storage market.
- Nimble Storage. Nimble was one of the first to leverage flash in hybrid arrays and now enters the all-flash market.
- Pure Storage. A pure-play flash vendor, Pure Storage was a pioneer in delivering enterprise all-flash arrays.
- Tegile. A relatively young vendor in the space, Tegile has gained market share in the small to medium enterprise markets by delivering intelligent solutions at competitive costs.
- Tintri. A pioneer in VM-centric storage, Tintri offers attractive solutions for highly virtualized environments.
The Vendor Landscape also includes action-oriented tools and templates to allow you to make a decision best for your organization. Tools and templates include:
- Mid-Range Storage Vendor Shortlist Tool (xlsx)
- Mid-Range Storage RFP Template (doc.)
- Mid-Range Storage Reseller Interrogation Script (doc.)
9 competitors in the mid-range storage market were evaluated, including the following notable performers:
- Dell Technologies, which recently acquired EMC, delivers market-leading vendor capabilities and a variety of storage platforms suitable for all enterprise use cases.
- HPE, a consistent leader in the storage space, has made 3PAR an industry favorite across a variety of use cases.
- NetApp, with a proven track record in the enterprise unified storage space, now has SolidFire leading the way in a market going toward flash.
- HDS, with a long standing presence in the storage space, delivers a feature-rich storage solution for those with highly virtualized environments.
Trend Setter Award:
- Pure Storage, one of the first vendors to market all-flash storage arrays, anticipated the direction of the market years ahead of its competitors.